what is there to see in New Philadelphia, Ohio?

Asked by Marilynn Thompson, Bellville, OH Sun Oct 7, 2007

Answers

5
Heather Ecke…, Home Seller, New Philadelphia, OH
Wed Jan 22, 2014
I see the previous person named a lot of things but I would also add Trumpet in the Land an outdoor theatre, little theatre, Schoenbrun village ( one of the first settlements in Tuscarawas County. Unfortunately many that live outside are just learning of all it has to offer. Biggest "pro" for me is that I have many times left the house unlocked and came home to find nothing missing or stolen. :-)
Holly Grimm, Agent, New Philadelphia, OH
Wed Jan 26, 2011
I think you need to visit New Phila for yourself and see if it feels right for you. I grew up in New Phila, graduated from high school here and raised my 3 children who also graduated from New Phila. It is a great place to raise children. Tuscora Park is known throughout the state as one of the nicest city parks in Ohio. People come from all over to have family reunions there in the summer and it's decorated with nursery rythmns for Christmas for the families traditional ride through the park to repeat the rythmns- THEIR WAY - a slight variation of the way we remember them as a child. Located at the park is the Woody Hayes football stadium - which is second to none in the state for high schools. Kent State Tuscarawas campus in located in New Phila and just opened a brand new Arts Center for entertainment. We have many churches to choose from that are growing rapidly in membership. We have The New Towne Mall which is a small mall but very nice and accomadating with a movie theatre and restaurants. We have some great cooks in New Phila and therefore great places to dine out. We are located near several lakes such as Atwood, Tappan, Leesville and Salt Fork. We are at the edge of Amish country and all of the wonders that come along with that community - such as fabulous restaurants, tourist sites, workmanship unsurpassed by anyone - no matter what you need done and flee markets. This part of the state is called 'God's Country' and you need to check it out for yourself.
I've been a realtor in Tuscarawas County for 21 years and I get to meet people from all over the world who absolutely LOVE it here. If you like the small town feeling and friendly people - you won't be disappointed. If you are interested in buying a home in this area - please get ahold of me and I will be happy to meet with you or email you some home listings to review. I hope my answer is helpful to you.
Holly Abel Grimm - ReMax of New Phila
330 268-6078
Patrick Hers…, , 43832
Tue Feb 24, 2009
Warthers wood carving, in Dover. If you like plays there is trumpet in the land at Shoenbrun Village in the summer. check it out at http://www.trumpetintheland.com/ My wife & I really enjoyed it & plan to go again.
If you or anyone you know ever needs custom wood work or repairs visit my website
Web Reference:  http://ohwoodudesign.com
Sean, Home Buyer, Canton, OH
Thu Jan 3, 2008
Not much at all, Omish people, terrible economic leadership, declining property values, mediocre school system (kids must pay $250 per sport to play), no jobs, month to month rentals, zero entertainment, poor restaurant selection

Positive- Nice community park, great land prices, very little crime, cheap taxes, very cheap housing
John Youker,…, , Beavercreek, OH
Sun Oct 7, 2007
I can't say that the few times I have been there ever left any real memborable experiences for me, however, here is a website that might help (listed below).

I hope you find what you are looking for.
Web Reference:  http://www.newphilaoh.com/