looking for the best beach in bay area to practice Kitesurfing. On the shore. any indeas?

Asked by Mikhail Shtort Nikitin, San Francisco, CA Mon May 28, 2007

We went to Pacifica today and wind was so hectic, i couldn't get my kite in air at all. Do you know a good open beach that's not too crowded where i could practice my kite flying skills?

Answers

7
Vicki Moore, Agent, San Carlos, CA
Tue May 29, 2007
I was going to say Linda Mar State Beach because the beach itself is unobstructed, long and flat. You must have just picked an exceptionally windy day. It's not usually like that there.
Jeff Ruoss, Home Buyer, California
Thu Mar 6, 2008
Crown Beach in Alameda is excellent. On a windy day you will see dozens of people kiteboarding. There is a 2000 sq. ft. kiteboarding shop across the beach that does lessons as well. The name is "Kite Wind Surf" they have been teaching kiteboarding in the Bay longer then anyone.
K Wei, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Thu Jun 7, 2007
Waddel Reef down towards Santa Cruz is a popular spot. And if your skills are up to par, try Ocean Beach.
Web Reference:  http://sfnewsletter.com/blog
Ce, Both Buyer And Seller, Oakland, CA
Fri Jun 1, 2007
+1 for Alameda. 3rd Ave in San Mateo and Sherman island in Brentwood/Oakley area.
Phill, , 94114
Wed May 30, 2007
Crissy Field is very popular with windsurfers and kit surfers. There's convenient parking and facilities.
Anthony, Home Buyer, San Francisco, CA
Wed May 30, 2007
The beach near Coyote point is great for windsurfing, you should check it out. It is usually well protected from the wind.
Trulia Roger, Home Buyer, Alameda, CA
Tue May 29, 2007
The south shore beach in Alameda is very popular with kite surfers.