What is the best dog park in the Orlando metro area?

Asked by , Orlando, FL Thu May 10, 2007

Maybe this could be split up by areas of the city, but generally, where is the best place to take your dog to play? Parks, open areas, lakes, etc...

Answers

6
Senior Homeowner’s answer
Senior Homeo…, Both Buyer And Seller, 32792
Sat Dec 15, 2007
Casselberry opened a good dog park, on a lake, this year! Located on Highway 17-92, North of Orlando. If you travel I-4, to the Highway 436 exit, (Altamonte Exit) it is about 4.5 miles.

Tons of great dog parks exist in Central Florida! Just remember to always be a good citizen, and use a baggie to pick up after our pets!
KIM SETZER, , Winter Garden, FL
Mon Jul 9, 2007
We take our dog to a park with lake access right behind Balwin Park. I believe it is called Peoples Park. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming and the dogs seem well taken of and disciplined. Hope to see you there!
Hojin Chang, Agent, Orlando, FL
Fri Dec 14, 2007
There's going to be a new dog park opening today, Dec 14, in Dr. Phillips. It'll be at the end of the street for Buena Vista Woods off Apopka-Vineland. It's near the Emerald Forest and Diamond Cove subdivisions and I also heard there are baseball fields, playgrounds, water park. Sounds like it's going to be a near place for the residents of Dr. Phillips and SW Orlando. Theresa Jacob, the county commissioner is supposed to be doing the grand opening today.
Web Reference:  http://sworlandoscoop.com
Orlandog Ken, Home Buyer, Orlando, FL
Wed Aug 22, 2007
Without a doubt it is West Orange. A fantastic park with great amenities and more! Check out our site for the best info for you and your clients! Ken
Jeffrey Funk, Agent, Windermere, FL
Mon Jun 25, 2007
Hunter's Creek has 2 dog parks
Shaun Mclane, , 34771
Fri May 11, 2007
Actually, Avalon Park just opened a small-ish dog park next to the Publix. I've been there twice, and the dogs were very nice - no packs like other local dog parks. I've added a link showing a map of where the park is.