Trulia Houst…, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

What are good jogging routes in or around Houston, TX?

Asked by Trulia Houston, Houston, TX Wed Nov 21, 2012

Answers

5
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Nov 21, 2012
Oh wow, Where do we begin? By Houston, I am thinking city. We have one of the most beautiful parks, Memorial Park, which has several hundreds maybe thousands of joggers/walkers everyday. The distance around the park is 2.88 miles. Then we have nice Buffalo Bayou Park which is 124 acres. Keep in mind we still have Hermann Park by the zoo, Museum District, Golf course and more. Heights Bayou off of T.C Jester is another option as well.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Web Reference:  http://joelocator.com
Gay Donehoo, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Nov 21, 2012
The HARRA website forwarded by Rene Castillo is a great source for you. Each of those trails is excellent - your decision will be what area of town you want to be in and what your price point is - you'll find good running in many areas of the city. My husband worked downtown and for years he did his marathon training by running from work to Memorial Park along the Buffalo Bayou trail (along Allen Parkway) and then home. On the Buffalo Bayou trail you can actually do some hill training in flat Houston! Also, most of the planned developments scattered around the Houston metropolitan area have extensive running/walking/biking paths. Again, it's pick-your-poison as to location and price. Good luck! I'd love to help in your search.
Rene Castillo, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Nov 21, 2012
Check out this site http://www.harra.org/955dir/information/train.html They give different areas in Houston and they offer meet ups for group runs. I hope this helps!
Myriam Rondan, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Nov 21, 2012
Memorial Park is a great place!!
Bear Creek is another one!
Margie Johns…, Agent, Cypress, TX
Wed Nov 21, 2012
I like Terry Hershey Park.