I was looking at the Yonkers/dobbsferry/ for housing I can grow old in, commute for the next 17 years to Manhattan and have dogs..

Asked by Marine Morgikian, Outside U.S. Mon Aug 15, 2011

Answers

3
Barbara O'Co…, Agent, Yonkers, NY
Mon Aug 15, 2011
Hi Marina,

Sounds like you know exactly what you are looking for and have a grip on your wants vs. needs. I'm a real estate agent based in in Northwest Yonkers, and I list and sell in all of the surrounding areas, all of which are quick commutes to Manhattan. I don't know if you are familiar with theses areas, but NW Yonkers, Hastings, Dobbs Ferry, Irvington, and Tarrytown are all located on/near the Hudson River providing some of the most spectacular views in Westchester. I think you will find Yonkers has the lowest property taxes and housing prices are generally a bit lower in Yonkers also, which may appeal to you and it is the faster commute of the towns I've mentioned. You might even be able to find a property that meets your needs that is within walking distance of the train.

If you would like, I can add to my email list and email listings of houses in those towns. Please feel free to contact me by phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you.

Barbara O'Connell
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson NYS
Margot Bennett, Inc.
914-548-1628
Marine Morgi…, , Outside U.S.
Mon Aug 15, 2011
I would have to sell my house in LI...600,000...do not want to spend more than 500,000.
My retirement salary would be around 80,000 a year and I do not want so much on property taxes. I would like at least 3 bedrooms at least 2 full bathrooms, kitchen with an island, wrap around porch and some privacy around the house and backyard. In the end there will be my husband and I and our kids(3) visiting. My son is staying with me for a year before going to graduate school. My husband is an artist and it would be a nice a loft on top of garage or something like that. My husband likes one level-ranch-ok split, do not want another colonial.
I have 3 dogs, one cocker spaniel(2yrs old) and 2 boxers(10years and 9 years old). When the boxers go, I want to get another dog...Airdale, poodle, giant schnauzer, I do not know yet. I was flirting with the idea of breeding.

I wanted the property I would be investing in to maintain its value. We love animals and nature and are into sports, running, cycling, etc. Wanted to be away for a month or so in the winter, as I would be aging and winter is to hard to bear.

I have no rush, since it will be easier to do something when my son is out of the house, and I need to put my property on sale.
Carol Marrone, Agent, Scarsdale, NY
Mon Aug 15, 2011
Hi Marina,

I would be happy to help you , but would need more details; your price range, # of bedrooms, size of dogs ( yes, it matters!)

Call me at your earliest convenience,

Thank you, Carol Marrone 914-419-4000