How strict is the open alcohol policy in Dolores park?

Asked by Alison Hillman, San Francisco, CA Wed Sep 12, 2012

There is a lot of hype about SF police cracking down on picnics with alcohol in Dolores park (http://uptownalmanac.com/2012/06/sfpd-details-new-stepped-po…). Is it actually illegal to have open alcohol containers in the park or is are the efforts more focused on under-age drinking?

-Ali, Trulia Community Manager

Answers

1
Gabriel Rojas’ answer
Gabriel Rojas, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Well Alison,

I think that just about all of us that have enjoyed a warm/sunny day in Dolores Park can attest, there is plenty of drinking going on in the park. Will there be an end to it altogether? This seems extremely doubtful but you never know.

According to the article you posted there have been people bringing in kegs. I have never personally seen that but I'm sure it happens. I, for one, am completely okay with people drinking in the park if they handle themselves and don't become a nuisance to others. I do not condone under-age drinking or the reports of heroin use, etc but think that responsible drinking is okay.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Gabriel