How are the parks and recreational areas in Santa Monica?

Asked by Halley S., New York, NY Mon Apr 23, 2007

Are there dog parks and running paths?

Answers

4
Heather Paul, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Mon Jan 17, 2011
Yes, Santa Monica is very dog friendly. Here is the link to the local parks here in Santa Monica:
http://www01.smgov.net/parks/ Here is another useful link: http://www01.smgov.net/comm_progs/active_living/

Santa Monica is a great place to live, work, and play!

Heather Paul
Coldwell Banker
(424)625-1037
Maya2, , Los Angeles, CA
Fri Feb 15, 2008
There are large number of parks scattered in the neighborhood. A lovely bike path if you enjoy cycling. There is also an excellent bus system in city. My children were visiting friend and going places by bus from a relatively young age freeing me from providing a taxi service.

Other than that there is the gorgeous beach which is many miles long.

Also if you are interested in art there are many galleries and a good museum in town. I love this town because it is a place that grew rather than being created to a design. This makes it so organic.

Please call me at 323.230.9775 for additional questions

At my company I can arrange upto 105% financing for you. We also rebate 20% of our commission to buyers to help towards closing and updating costs.

Please do call me - I would love to help.

Maya, List! Buy! Save 323.230.9775
Ron Deutsch, , Los Angeles, CA
Sat Jun 16, 2007
There is a brand new dog park that recently opened at the Santa Monica airport, that interestingly only allowed dogs registered in SM (not sure if that ever got worked out). And as for running paths? Running on the beach or on the bluffs above at Palisades Park can't be beat. It's an awesome experience.
Sacha Radford, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Mon Apr 23, 2007
We have lots of great parks in Los Angeles. One of my favorites is the Laurel Canyon Dog Park which is over 3 acres and is studded with lovely trees spread out over gentle rolling lawns. A great place to take the paper and watch your dog have a ball! Probably the best urban outdoor area is Runyon Canyon in the Hollywood Hills--it has the most incredible view of the city by far--from the ocean to downtown and everything in between! Dogs can run off leash, and it's a great workout for the humans too! Running paths, hiking trails, outdoor yoga, views...and lots of celebrity spottings! There are numerous beaches and small public parks laced are throughout the city. My favorite beach is Temescal Canyon right at the foot of Pacific Palisades. Malibu is a dream too!