Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Paradise : Real Estate Advice

  • All48
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 22
Mon Apr 27, 2015
Tammy Waller Aviles answered:
I am a local real estate broker/owner of Waller Real Estate in Paradise. I also happen to live in the community of Magalia. I am including a link to our local newspaper which posts local crime reports/calls -it is

I personally relocated to this area from Los Angeles in 2001 and absolutely love it. I would highly encourage you to make a trip over to our area-I would be more than happy to meet with you.

Best wishes,
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 10, 2015
maryessila answered:
The nearest hospital is on Pentz Road in Paradise. From Greenwood Drive - go east on Central Park to Clark Road. You can go north on Clark, then turn right on Bille Road. Turn Right on Pentz and follow it until you get to Feather River Hospital. Or go south on Clark to Pearson. Turn left on Pearson and follow to where it dead ends at Pentz and head north (turn right) The hospital is on the east side of Pentz and there is a big sign at the entrance. ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 9, 2014
Sally Grenier answered:
Not sure which property you're referring to, but to own is never a good idea for a buyer/tenant. It usually only favors the seller/landlord. Either you're a renter or a buyer. Never both. I suggest you save your money and work on your credit and then plan on buying something when you're ready. Plus we are in a very active seller's market in most parts of the country. Sellers would rather SELL to qualified buyer now, than rent to someone who may or may not buy it down the road. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 17, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
I suspect whoever the landlord will be most pleased to see in that position. Chances are mom has the most credit and income available, but in most cases each tenant must have their credit and backgrounds checked and approved. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 20, 2014
Santiago Kensel Sanchez answered:
The best if you can contact with a local realtor he can help you with this
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 1, 2014
Diana & Richard Kent answered:
That's a great question! The HOA pet policy can change when a property is sold. For the most part, HOA's allow a small pet. To get a complete and accurate answer, you should contact the HOA manager for the park you are interested in. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 17, 2014
Charlotte answered:
Total monthly shelter cost, next is safety (low crime), next is health (clean air and water).
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 29, 2014
Bruce Snyder answered:
Yes there are a couple parks in Paradise that you acquire the land with the unit.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 11, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
You can contact the listing agent who will be able to help you learn more about that specific property (and probably will know a lot about similar properties in the area). To find an agent, just click on the yellow button on the property's Trulia listing and you will be able to start a dialogue.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help with anything else. I am happy to be a resource for you. Good luck with the search!

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Sep 8, 2013
John Souerbry answered:
Mark and James - your answers are basically correct but should be clarified. Having a registered service dog is not enough to waive a pet deposit.
If the animal is for emotional support and provides no other service, a landlord may be required to waive their "no pets" policy, though a deposit may be required. The key document to receive an exemption is a doctor's prescription or therapist's letter stating that the animal is required for health reasons.
A "service dog" needs to be required by you to assist with normal living functions, such as a seeing-eye or hearing dog. In some cases emotional assistance animals also qualify as service animals. Service animals are exempt from deposit requirements, though the tenant is responsible for any damage done to the premises by the animal.
My point is that certifying the animal doesn't qualify it as an emotional support or service dog - you must establish that it provides a necessary service. The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) does not require that an animal be certified.
Here is a link below to the National Service Animal Registry that answers you questions.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 8, 2013
John Arendsen answered:
Why are you asking this question multiple times?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
I checked with some people who know;
and, YES!
there is weather in Paradise, year 'round.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 7, 2013
Mostiles1 answered:
The space rent in Eldorado MHP is over $500, my mother lives there and she said it has gone up every year for the last 20 years.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 30, 2013
Diana & Richard Kent answered:
In Paradise, there are several different areas that have HOA dues. If you can post the address I would be happy to seek the answer for you. In Magalia, there is only one POA and the cost is $167/year but I have heard they plan to raise the amount in the near future. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Robert Chomentowski answered:
What is the address you are looking at? I can check to see if this qualifies for a 100% financing USDA rural loan. Rob,
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 10, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
I would say it was between $150/sqft and $450/sqft

As you can see, it is an impossible question.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 11, 2011
John Arendsen answered:
Thanks to all for such good information. I just had this happen recently and appreciate the input. I do have to throw in my $0.02, however. I thing there are certain topics and issues that don't always need the assistance of an attorney.

One of my pet peeves is RE professionals who are always so quick to pull the "Consult with an Attorney" trigger when so many questions can be answered ethically, intelligently and properly by a RE professional. I mean afterall we are professionals aren't we.

Legal questions are one thing. But RE questions that many if not most experienced RE professionals have the knowledge and experience to field can and should be answered on this thread. I mean afterall isn't that what it's all about. Asking and answering questions.

Many of the questions I've answered since becoming a Trulia contributor I've just taken a little time and effort to do a very quick and easy Google search and pull up all kinds of valuable and documented information that I'm sure has saved folks lots of legal fees. Just my opinion.
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 9, 2011
Johnny Huang, MBA answered:
No link to the unit, therefore you may have to contact the listing agent.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 11, 2011
Emily Erekuff answered:
Hi Mjdj832,

Trulia's keyword search should help you. The link below will take you to the results of a search I performed in Paradise with the keyword "stream".

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 20, 2010
Daniel Del Real answered:
Yes you can. but unfortunately if feels like some of these underwriters have a death wish for all deals. They love to put obstacles up for everyone to keep jumping through even though it makes perfect sense to everyone. I have these issues all the time with my buyers and sometimes you just need to go with it.

Very interesting market we have.
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Paradise Zip Codes