Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

32404 : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Thu Jun 1, 2017
Emerald6g asked:
Sat Oct 15, 2016
Tedweems123 asked:
just looking to rent
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 28, 2015
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
try the help center link located at the far bottom right of this page

sadly, no one from trulia will see or respond to your question here

this part of the site is a mess, and there no longer are any moderators ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 7, 2015
Ann Garner asked:
My home used to be listed by Century 21, but now is not. I'm now listing as FSBO, but your ad still has my realtor's info attached to my home listing. How can this be deleted?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 19, 2014
Ted Rood answered:
USDA loans are great, for buyers in areas that qualify and who fit USDA's income restrictions, You can't currently own a home, make too much money, or have too high of debt ratios. I write USDA loans anywhere in America, certainly glad to discuss them further with you! Thanks, Ted ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 30, 2013
Lender Line answered:
LENDERLINE is offering Stated Income Verified Assets (SIVA) loans at up to 80% loan-to-value in California only. Guidelines are as follows:

• Purchase, rate and term refinance, and cash-out refinance allowed.
• Single family residences, PUDs, condominiums, and 2-4 units allowed.
• Primary residence, second homes or investment properties allowed.
• U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and foreign nationals allowed.
• No prepayment penalty.
• Up to 80% LTV maximum. LTV is based on occupancy and loan amount.
• Up to $2,000,000 loan amount. Maximum loan amount is based on purpose of loan and occupancy.
• 700 minimum credit score for U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
• No credit scores are required for foreign nationals.
• No rental late payments during past 12 months.
• No mortgage late payments during past 24 months.
• No history of NOD, foreclosure, short sale, bankruptcy, or repossessions.
• No unpaid judgments, liens, or collections.
• Income stated on loan application must be reasonable for the position of employment.
• No tax returns, paycheck stubs, W-2, 1099 or 4506-T will be required.
• Self-employed or W2 allowed.
• No industry exclusions.
• Debt-to-income ratios cannot exceed 45%.
• Employment must be verifiable by a CPA or IRS enrolled agent (for self-employed) or verbal verification of employment (for W2) with no reference to income.
• 100% of the down payment may be gifted for primary residence.
• 6 months PITI reserves are required. Reserves must be seasoned for 2 months and come from borrower’s own funds.
• The SIVA loan program is available in every County in the State of California.

For more information contact:

5000 Birch Street, Suite 3000
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Toll-Free: (888) 661-7888
... more
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Pam Mathis answered:
First of all, I am sorry for your loss. I know it is not an easy to sell a loved ones home.

All of the advise given to you is correct. The buyer is responsible for his/her own inspections, property can be sold as is with a right to inspect, you can provide a home warranty, and you can fill out the disclosure and make it known that you never occupied the home and do not know many of the items on the checklist. All of these will help protect you after the sale of the home.

Another recommendation I would have is to have a home inspector go through the home before you put it on the market. That way, you can elimate surprises when it comes time to sell the home. It can also prepare you for any requests that might come from a buyer when he/she has their own inspector go through the home or you may elect to go ahead and eliminate the problem by repairing it yourself prior to a buyer coming in an identifying a problem.. Once you get the home on the market, your Realtor can help you in putting a home warranty on the home during the time that it is on the market. This warranty will also extend to the buyer and give them a sense of security just in case something happens the first year after the purchase of the home. Also, if you list with ERA, having these things in place (along with a couple more small requirements) would qualify you for Gold Star Listing status. I can give you more information about what that means and how it will help in the marketing of your home.

When you are ready to list, give me a call, I would love to do a marketing presentation for you.

Pam Mathis, Realtor
ERA Neubauer Real Estate
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 14, 2013
Jen and Mark Bowman answered:
You can fill out a seller's disclosure to the best of your knowledge. If you don't know an answer, just check "don't know". Make sure you have a great agent helping you with all of the disclosures you'll need. If you need a recommendation for one there please let us know.

Jen and Mark Bowman
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 15, 2011
Kathy Marshall answered:
I can't see from your inquiry which property you're referring to.....please call, with the address and I can take a look for you and see what's, what.


Kathy Marshall
Latitudes Realty
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 16, 2009
Melana Weems answered:
I'd put money on the CRA areas becoming more popular due to improvements.
AND since it's tax money thats making these improvements, we are all putting our money on it.
There are 4 CRA's (Community Revitalization Area) in Panama City.
With rough economic times these will be the heartbeat of progress, maintanence and growth.
These areas engross Downtown, St. Andrews and Millville and they all contain very affordable properties.
Some are zoned for multi-use, so they have to potential to be offices and many are surrounded by medical, legal and/or professional offices.
Others are multifamily properties, such as a duplex or triplex, which can produce an income for you and help you pay for your property.
Ideally, you'll be close to work and in these areas, you'll also be able to walk to festivities, parades, shops, restaurants and, best of all, the water!
Melana 814-2235
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice