Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Palm Beach County : Real Estate Advice

  • All124
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying84
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 15
Tue Jul 18, 2017
Robin Donovan asked:
Mon Jun 26, 2017
Robin Donovan asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 23, 2015
Anna M Brocco answered:
If the property was/is listed with a broker ask the agent to remove the information, or contact customer service directly Be aware that photos may appear in other sites as well, therefore you may wish to Google your address. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue May 21, 2013
donnaattuscany asked:
Where can I see present short sale listings in my area boynton place circle boynton ? Is there a web site?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 7, 2011
Barbara answered:
Please call me and I can help you make a financial plan. I am a certified Mortgage Plaaner
and help people create a budget
Barbara Uzzi
561 573 8723
Certified Mortgage planning Specialist CMPS ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 19, 2011
Daneen Jacquot answered:
That is a contract for deed. If a seller doesnt have a current mortgage on the property, sometimes they will consider doing this to bring in income. Some buyers are interested in doing this until they are able to get their own financing through a lender. The interest rates are usually higher so that makes your monthly payment higher than what it would be to go through a lender. Dont hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions

thank you

Daneen Jacquot, Broker/owner
South Dakota Real Estate Company
1211 Mount Rushmore Rd
Rapid City SD 57701
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 27, 2010
Marsha Mayer answered:
If you have already purchased in Palm Beach County consider homesteading to get the $50,000 homestead exemption and the 3% annual cap on increases.

If you have not purchased yet- review the taxes in the different municipalities and pick one which has lower taxes. Good luck.

Marsha Montoya Mayer- Realtor
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 18, 2010
Thomas Tolbert answered:
Lenlida, In my experience Lead Generation Companies do not usually qualify the leads they furnish you. I think you should consider concentrating on your own website, blogging and just generally work on your online presence in your community. I will say that Neighbor City does seem to be an exception. It seems that they actually try to speak with the buyer or seller before offering to agents in that area. I still think you are better off generating your own leads. Good Luck and feel free to contact me with any questions! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 7, 2010
Tom Priester answered:

Sounds to me like you are getting the run around and a very expensive one at that. I would highly recommend that you call Ship Shape Pest Control who are located in Pompano; ask for Robert and tell that Tom Priester from Keller Williams recommended him. Their number is 954 933-0782. He recently inspected a home for me that required tenting; not nearly as large as yours as it was 1,890 livable square feet on one level and his cost for tenting was $850. I represented the buyer and we were able to get the seller to pay for the work and they had another company do the tenting. Cost will be based on cubic feet but Robert will be straight with you.

Best of luck and remember there are only two types of houses in Florida; those that have termites and those that will get them.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

Keller Williams Realty
561 308-0175
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 31, 2009
Stan Valchev answered:
Hi Joan,

Thank you for the answer. I will consult with a Certified Public Accountant.

Could any one know good website links for my problem.

Thank you in advance!
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 8, 2009
Dallas Texas answered:
Best contact an attorney who can resolve all the issues. In most instances takes a good attorney determine fair shares, rights to property when sold division of profits annual tax benefits ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 9, 2008
Bill Eckler answered:

Because of the length of the run from the hot water heater and bath rooms or kitchen the best way to setermine the temperature setting is trial and error. Our suggestion is to begin with the setting on lower temperatures and gradually adjust the setting upward until you reach the setting the meets your needs in each area of the home.

Good luck,
The Eckler Team
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 14, 2008
Don Tepper answered:
Another good source is CraigsList.

In addition, local real estate investor clubs often can help. Here's a link for clubs in Florida:

And consider direct mail--primarily postcards--to areas of potential renters.

Terry's suggestion regarding yard signs is good; I've heard that they can be very effective. I've also seen "bandit signs" used to attract renters and tenant-buyers.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice