Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Oxnard : Real Estate Advice

  • All161
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying46
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Fri Aug 1, 2014
jorgecahuantzi asked:
Tue Sep 24, 2013
JR Thrasher answered:
You either have to wait for the bankruptcy to be discharged or get permission from the trustee/judge to move forward with the sale. Even with permission some banks will still not move forward.

You would need an attorney to advise you further.

J.R. Thrasher
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 26, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
If teh bank took over as of 8/18/11 then they are now responsible for teh hoa fees, i would definately let them know of the change
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 11, 2009
Ted Mackel answered:

Here are some of the things you need to consider.

Both the you and the property are liable for unpaid dues if there was an assessment Lien filed. If an assessment lien was filed and then title would not have issued a title insurance policy without that lien being satisfied.

You'll need to check your paperwork, here is what you want to look for.

The estimated HUD statement that was prepared for the loss mitigation apartment at the time it was first submitted, typically with the offer. This statement would include all the items needed to be paid off to complete a short sale. The loss mitigator, looks at the HUD statement and determines if the net amount left over is agreeable to the bank. If that statement was prepared without the total delinquent HOA dues and there was no assessment lean filed then you want to look for the following.

Any indication that the buyer paid for the delinquent dues.
Any indication that the real estate agents reduced commission to offset the delinquent dues.
A letter or agreement from the HOA waived or reduced the delinquent dues. A release from the HOA for those delinquent dues should have been issued.

Also read the approval letter for your short sale from your lender and see if there was any instruction regarding HOA dues. Again, that estimated HUD statement that was issued to your lender to show them what all the costs and fees of the sale would be, should have included the delinquent HOA dues. That is first place I would look and then see what happened after that.

For those contemplating a Short Sale I wrote the following article for Sellers:
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 2, 2009
Stan Battersby answered:
Go to the government sit like (county you live in).gov
Then go to Recorded Docs.
Then put in the address and look up the property and it will tell you if they have been sent the notice of default.
Here in Phoenix Arizona I go to
Then to
Recorded Docs
Then I put in the address or name of the owner and it brings up all the information on the property or person.
You just have to filter trough the files until you find the right one.
In AZ they passed a law that the owner has to let the tenent know about the foreclosure.
Hope this helps you Stan
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 11, 2009
Bonnie Sterling answered:
Hi Jay, well, you'll want to ask a local agent because one from our of area wont have a relationship with a title rep who can procure that for you. I wonder what your interest in knowing the information is and how far back you need to go. Some web sites offer immediate last transfer data and agents usually have online info they can access for the last two sales recordings. Anyway, contact me or one of the other agents and we'll get you what you are looking cost. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 22, 2009
Barry Shapiro answered:
Jm Bern,
I have a client that SOLD their Short Sale home on 4/18/08. It took 9 months prior to negotiate with the first and second lien holders. I am now showing these particular clients houses to BUY again. Their credit scores are over 700 today. Each situation is as unique as the individual owner and Banks. I'd be happy to chat about some options you may still have, including a loan mod. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 7, 2009
NonRealtor answered:
Hi Jay,
Maybe find a nice place to rent. It's probably 1/2 the cost. You paid too much for the first house. Why do you want to pay too much for your second house? If you must buy, wait another year to buy, prices are declining--and so are interest rates. Good Luck ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 4, 2008
Joyce Zangmeister answered:

Perhaps you might want to start in 'baby steps' and just attend one of the sales at the Ventura Courthouse. Watch what is going on and who is there. Take notes. Ask questions. Read everything you can about trustee sales. Seek legal advice.

My real estate partner and I plan on going next week to a trustee sale at the Ventura courthouse.. We have sold many REO properties but never attend a sale. It should be interesting to watch.

"Doing Real Estate Right"
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice