Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Oroville : Real Estate Advice

  • All55
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 33
Sat Jan 31, 2015
Derek Jones answered:
Lots of people sell their own houses without the help of an agent. Without an agent you would be responsible for the marketing, negotiations, and transaction management. How will be bring prospective buyers to your listing? Are you going to be coordinating the showings for prospective buyers? If you are able to attract those buyers you will then need to be able to negotiate agreeable terms. Then the fun part of transaction management. Making sure you have all the required documents and disclosures correct and hope to not get sued.

Aside from doing it all yourself there are discount or flat fee agents that can provide some service for you or a real estate attorney can do the transaction part for you.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 27, 2014
Christopher Pagli answered:
It depends on the bank in question and if there are other offers. There is no loyalty when it comes to bank verbal accepted offers.

0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 30, 2014
Alexander Greer answered:
I would be more than happy to help you with your search. Just send me an email if you have any further questions.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 20, 2014
Diana & Richard Kent answered:
Have your Realtor® check on listings that you are interested in purchasing. Your realtor can call the listing agent to see if owner might be interested in owner financing. Sometimes, owners have 100% equity and could consider that option. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 1, 2014
Diana & Richard Kent answered:
The park management has the option of raising the monthly fee at the time of sale. The fees in this particular area have been running close to $500.00/month. They will require you to fill out an application, so it would be wise to do that before you write an offer on a property. The area is quite lovely and a golf course is close as well as the marina. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 11, 2013
Jim Walker answered:
This accidentally got posted in California. Try re-posting your question in Georgia, if that is where you are searching.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 1, 2013
Diana & Richard Kent answered:
I would be willing to set you up on a search to find this. Please feel free to contact me.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Diana & Richard Kent answered:
Check with a Real Estate Attorney for the complete answer to this question. The entry of a landlord on your property may depend upon a lot of things
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 8, 2013
John Arendsen answered:
You really should start with the park manager of the park/communities you are interested in. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rent/lease park/community.

Be wary of any manufactured home built before June 15, 1976 as they are "PRE HUD" homes and will be very difficult if not impossible to finance. Additionally many if not most PRE HUD homes were built using caustic and carcinogenic chemicals i.e. formaldehyde and asbestos.

But before you purchase any manufactured home you should have the home inspected by an experienced manufactured home inspector and not just any home inspector.Make sure the home is level and that the pier and pad assemblies are in good shape.

Be sure the vapor barrier and insulation are in tact and not ripped, torn or lying on the ground. Have the inspector look for drainage issues i.e. standing water, soil erosion, expansive (clay soil), rusted and deteriorating piers and dry rotted or decomposing wood pads supporting the piers.

Most importantly make sure the home has an approved set of Earthquake Resistant Bracing (ERBS) installed under it as much of California is in a Zone 4 seismic area:


Feel free to contact us should have any more questions: 800 909-1110, Cell: 760 815-6877. Email: Or log onto any of our very user friendly websites:
Web Reference:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Brenda McLaughlin answered:
Hi I'm Brenda with People's Choice Brokers and Mortgage group. Zillow is not really the place to find out how much your property is worth. You can have comps pulled in the area and have a market analysis done. No many companies are doing loans on manufactured homes. I know it is touch. I did have one company but now they don't do them anymore either. I'll check with more of the companies and see if any of them took on those loans. There is a company in Redding that does manufactured home loans. I googled manufactured home loan refinance and some came up. You can start there and give them a call.

Hope that helps
Brenda McLaughlin
People's Choice Brokers & Mortgage Group
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Brenda McLaughlin answered:
You have to be in a USDA qualified area for this type of loan. Then Always have to be checking to make sure the funds are still available. It is another form of FHA loans it is just that you can get 100% plus you don't have to pay MIP insurance. I do loans and sell real estate. Are you looking in Oroville for this type of loan? If you can get a VA loan you can also get 100% financing and no MIP. You can call me at 530-321-5526 or email

Hope that helps,
Brenda McLaughlin
People's Choice Brokers & Mortgage Group
DRE 01211581 * NMLS 536643
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Clayanna Newbern answered:
Yes there are, and that is us, C & Do Services., local Oroville, Ca.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Norbert Kominsky answered:
If you're really commited to buying a home, spread the word. Tell people you know to keep a look out for someone wanting to sell. If you can connect with a potential Seller through some type of referral or networking, you may be able to get a sweet owner financing deal. I just helped a Buyer who made contact with a Seller from an ad on Craig's List. They talked, made a verbal deal, and I came in and helped with the paperwork. It can happen, and does, in that off-market zone that few people take advantage of. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Norbert Kominsky answered:
Hi JW,

Was the Manufactured home new when you bought it, if not, FHA becomes complicated since the home would not be original to your location. You say you owe $148K, what do you owe that on, the land? You may have to go Conventional with 20% down. Remember the 3 C's of Lending, Collateral (the property has to qualify), Credit (your payment history), and Capacity, your income and ability to re-pay the loan. Give us an update when you can. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Steffan Blaser answered:
191 Lower Forbestown Road--Solar home just Sold for $149,000
Status: Closed Sale
ML#: OR12042798
APN: 073130003000
Orig. List Price: $191,900
Price Per Sqft: $89.06
County: Butte
Property Type: Single Family Residence (D)
Bedrooms: 3
Bath(F,T,H,Q): 2,0,0,0
Sqft (Src): 1,673 (Assessor's Data)
Ac/LotSqft (Src): 10.000/435,600 (A)

For you Leslie :)
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 5, 2012
Mike Capelle answered:
Hello Cherie, when you are talking about the HUD program, are you referring to the USDA's Single Family Loan program that provides 100% financing for properties? If so, here's a link to a mapping tool that will show you exactly where the boundaries are for their program, you can also look up an individual property address to see if a home you're interested would be eligible: ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Steffan Blaser answered:
In my opinion and experience I would say yes. Neighborhoods as in every city vary. I consider it safe here which is part if the reason I moved here in 1989.
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jun 2, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
The sale of house doesn't become a STATISTIC until it is SOLD:
A million OPINIONS about the WORTH are meaningless.
When someone puts up their money; that is when it counts.

Three years ago, a lot of us would separate the distressed sales from the normal sales, to get good, valid numbers.
But we cannot do that any more; in some cases, 80% of the sales are distressed: That has become THE MARKET. It cannot be discounted nor ignored.
You can lie to yourself, and twist the statistics to suit your own purposes, make the numbers prove what you want them to prove, but that doesn't mean that other people will buy in to your reasoning.

We have created a set of policies and rules to guide us in determining the VALUE of a property. Appraisers use these rules; and if you use your statistics to prove that the Apprasiers are wrong, guess who is right?

When an Appriaser does an Appraisal, they ascertain if there were special concessions in the sale and allow for them in the numbers.

If you think you know more than these professionals; you are certainly allowed to live in your fantasy world, by yourself.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 16, 2012
My NC Homes Team answered:
Contact a lawyer immediately and have them review your daughters sale contract. There are specific legal ramification for a seller breaching the contract and these may include suing for specific performance. It's been a very long time since I last saw a California real estate contract so I can say for certain what rights the buyer is afforded under them.

You daughter should also be working directly with her buyer broker. (I assume she had one)

First time buyers should note, that buying foreclosures, short-sales and flips such as this one are inherently more risky and should only be entered into with an experienced buyer broker who can guide you and who knows how to address problems such as these.

I'm truly sorry your daughter is having these problems, the best advice I can offer is do not procrastinate, and immediately bring legal pressure to bear on these sellers.

House flippers should note there are tax ramifications, and you cannot flip a home easily within the first six months of ownership to a buyer needing a loan as there are mortgage regulations that interfere.
... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Wed May 16, 2012
Michael Cheng answered:
A property may be taken off listing services at the request of the seller for any number of reasons. But, it may actually still be "on the market", as in it's still available for purchase. Get a real estate broker to call up the listing agent for you and see if that's that's the case. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Oroville Zip Codes