Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

32818 : Real Estate Advice

  • All32
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying18
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 28
Mon Aug 28, 2017
Mark LeMenager answered:
You really have to know what you are looking at on Trulia and Zillow. For the most part their foreclosure sections are just reporting on actions in the courts. So you were probably looking at a house that is currently in foreclosure, not foreclosed. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 6, 2017
Hi Tricia
Tough to say for sure without reviewing pay stubs, w2's, bank statements. Need to know the whole picture, but a general idea based off of those income and debts would be about $700/month for a house payment (including taxes and insurance).

That translates into maybe $90,000-$100,000 in terms of a purchase price.

Again, that's just a generalization. If you would like to talk in more specifics - which you definitely should - then shoot me a message with your contact information and we can go from there.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 30, 2015
Tamara Hunter asked:
I take extreme pride in where I live. I just need to get out of this crime ridden neighborhood. Preferrably in the 32808 or 32818 zip code area.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 5, 2015
Rosa Ramos asked:
Mon Oct 13, 2014
Nydia Perez answered:
I would suggest for you to rent first. Maintain your credit (don't go buy a car) then purchase a home. If you want to speak to a loan officer, I have one that can give you a check list on how to prepare for your purchase while you are renting.

Nydia Perez
LaRosa Realty Realtor.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 31, 2014
Nydia Perez answered:
Thu Jul 10, 2014
Jean-Leon Magnotto answered:
Sat Apr 26, 2014
Yanoska Diaz answered:
If this is a good review you are writing (I hope) please contact the agent and ask him/her to send you a request to recommend him/her, this will be the easiest-no mistake way to go.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 1, 2013
Hello Atiya

We have a great program thst is called Fannie Mae "Homestyle", you can borrow upto 95% with 680 credit score , the rates are great and you can add funds for renovation just like an FHA 203K but with this you do not have to pay the FHA funding fees, the PMI is lower in most cases and you can addd luxury items such as a pool !!!

Pls contact me for further details, i think you will love this program!!

Tom Bawany | Mortgage Loan Originator | NMLS #519971
Real Estate Mortgage Network, Inc.
500 Winderley Place, Suite 112
Maitland, FL 32751
F: 866.552.6351 | C: 407.924.2759
E: |
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 4, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since rent to own properties may not be listed as such, consider working with an agent of your own. Keep in mind that rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, therefore do inform yourself well, and consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate beforehand. If you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, see if you can buy outright... ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 29, 2012
Praycf answered:
By all means meet with a loan officer but since you already know your scores are poor that probably won't help. I suggest doing a rent-to-own or lease/option (two names for the same thing) for a time period that will give you time to improve your credit enough to qualify for the mortgage to buy the house.

As you might suspect, I do this and would be glad to talk with you. E-mail George at
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 24, 2012
R Wright answered:
The first thing you have to do is check the foreclosure status of the property which will tell you if the property was sold and the date of sale. In both cases this info is available free.

You can check your local court-house, normally in the county clerks or records office. You can also check your landlord's foreclosure status FREE online in the USA at FREE foreclosure info is available in the RENT section of the site.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 17, 2012
Mark LeMenager answered:
Call the Clerk of the Court's office. They will be able to assist you, but as noted already, there is not much you are going to do with that information.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 23, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 2, 2011
Camille Ruiz answered:

Obiously as a full time realtor I would denitely suggest to go with a realtor rather than the discount brokers. But it really only depends on what you want and what is best for you. Make sure you interview the person who is going to sell your house carefuly (wether it is a full service broker or a discount one). One thing for you to think about if you go with a discount broker is that all you are really paying for is for them to put it on the MLS and maybe if you are lucky. They do not pre-qualify the people that come to your house to make sure they are serious buyers or make sure they qualify for a loan before they present an offer for your property. Also the showings, with a discount broker you have to be home to let your prospective buyers in the house. You do not know anything about the people that you are letting in the home you can't really go away. You need tobe available at a moment's notice to let buyers into the house. With a full agent or broker, we would lnstall a lock box for agents with other realtors to come see your property when you are not available; or if you prefer, we can also be present when a showing takes place. With a discount brokerage, any sort of advertisement that is done, any expenses for an open house, mailings and such; it will be your responsability and any expense would have to come out of your pocket. With a traditional Realtor, yes you do pay a comission, but we handle all of that. We can continually update you in market conditions and be there fore you every step of the way. If for any reason we don't sell your home; we don't get paid .

Please call me to discuss the matter further. I just want to make sure you are happy and have the info you need to make an educated decision. No pressure.

Camille Ruiz
Realtor, Watson Realty Corp
Cell: 407-929-4632
Fax: 352-243-4166
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 5, 2011
Mark LeMenager answered:
Get a local realtor to help you out. Try John Bennett. He's here on Trulia at:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 5, 2011
Mark LeMenager answered:
Hi Carmen,

Bizare answer from Viriginia, guess they were bored. Always be suspicious of out of state answers to hyper local questions.

Of the 23 properties in Lake Conway or Conway Lakes, only one is a short sale and only one is bank owned. It's a very stable neighborhood. ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice