Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in Oregon : Real Estate Advice

  • All142
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying78
  • Home Selling15
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 8
Fri Dec 30, 2016
Kjkingrey asked:
Working on upgrading my home owners insurance, trying to figure out what it would cost to re-build my house.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 13, 2015
Gerald Vonberger answered:
It depends quite a bit on what type of coverage you include in your policy and what type you don't. It's definitely a good idea to check with a few insurance companies to compare prices too. If it's your first home, you might not need as much coverage, but your insurance agent will know better than me what you'll need. Just make sure you are getting enough coverage and not cutting corners on your policy. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 14, 2013
Laurel Lee answered:
There are so many factors involved in the calculation for home owners insurance premium. I suggest contacting an Insurance Broker as they are Independent Agents and able to shop around to truly get you the best rate possible. Many agency's are what is called a Captive Agent, and they can only quote you through the one company they represent. The best agent I know is at JMI Insurance in Beaverton, ask for Nathan Jonas if you are looking for great rates and as well as service. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Lana Lavenbarg answered:
There are many different amounts that your insurance could cost! It will depend on the value of your home, the amount of coverage you want for your personal property. If you can work with the home and car insurance together on the same policy, you may also get a discount. So, as you can see prices can vary all over the place. You might be at $300 a year for a mobile all the way up to $2000 for an expensive home in the area I am in. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 22, 2011
Andy Sims answered:
Yes you do. Even if the property is vacant, you still need to pay the HOA fees to keep the building itself maintained as well as other expenses such as insurance, trash, etc. If you do not pay your HOA fees the association can foreclose on your property the same as a lender! Beware! ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Marvin Von Renchler answered:
Yes, all good answers to give you ideas about why it can vary but Anita nailed it. Ask an insurance agent.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 6, 2010
Lana Lavenbarg answered:
From the agents I have worked with they do not always check that out - buyers are responsible, as in any situation for insurance, to let the agent know what endoresments they want or need. The sad thing is - most buyers would have no idea. It is the same for buying car insurance- unless you have a loan- the agent may cover you for the basics-then you would have no idea that your car isnt covered for replacement if in an accident. As buyers of insurance-we are "supposed to know" what we want. The best thing to do is tell the insurance agent what you have, to see if there are endoresements that will be needed. Some agents locally here are great at telling my buyers-that is why I use them. I hope you find the same for your clients there! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice