Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Ownership in Orange County : Real Estate Advice

  • All339
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying184
  • Home Selling27
  • Market Conditions6

Activity 10
Wed Oct 26, 2016
Angelica P answered:

I apologize if the image associated with your property page caused you any inconvenience and I am happy to help in any way I can. Please be advised the image you are seeing is provided to us from Google images of which we do not have the ability to edit or remove. My recommendation would be to contact Google to request they blur out your photo and home photo. Please feel free to use these steps:

How to get your property blurred:
1. On your Trulia Property Page, click 'View Map'.
2. Click 'Street View'.
3. Click 'Report a problem' found on the bottom right of the photo.
4. Fill out the form.
5. Click Submit.

Hopefully this information is helpful. For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 18, 2015
This is a legal question and should be asked to a real estate attorney.

I do not check replies, so if you have a comment or question email me here:

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 27, 2015
Danielle Purcell answered:
No.. Owning real estate in the USA does not help you get citizenship. You must pay or join the lottery.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 6, 2014
Darren Scott answered:
You might want to go to Google Maps where you can ask them to blur certain parts of the photos of your home, car/license plate and more. I put the link down below explaining how you can report an issue and request to have a photo review. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 11, 2014
Nicole Fedorchek answered:
Hi, Shirley-
Refer to your Closing Statement from Escrow, HOA package from Escrow, and your purchase agreement. Any monies held in Escrow should be outlined in these documents.
Have you tried to contact the Realtor ? Unfortunately, if it was something the Realtor told her verbally, you may not have any recourse.
You may need to retain an attorney based on your review of the documents -

Nicole Fedorchek, Realtor
Tarbell, Realtors
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Mack McCoy answered:
Neither. Either you validate the $1250 bid, or, as Ingrid says, you get an attorney.

HOA directors are volunteers, often poorly trained. I think we have to cut them some slack.

Your originating documents explain the process for fining members, and I think that having two meetings with the board is generally sufficient. However, in this case, you have not validated the contractor's bid, and I think it's essential that you do so, because it's not up to you to invalidate it, it's up to you and the Board to come to an agreement as to its validity. If they think it's valid, they have the obligation to come after you.

I suggest that you track down the original contractor and validate the bid. If you can't track them down, then I think you're in for not just a couple of thousand dollars of legal fees, but you're also spending your HOA dues on legal fees against you.

All the best,
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Ingrid Ski Realtor answered:
Yes, the best thing to do is to talk with the building dept. By making any additions you may have to update it to the codes they have now.. Talk to the city and if not satisfied, talk with an attorney they will give you the best advice..

Ingrid Ski Realtor
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 25, 2013

I'm a mortgage banker in Newport Beach. I would hat to give you assumption advice. There is a lot more to the picture I would need in order to give you sound advice. FHA Streamline are the easiest loan to "push through" the system requiring no appraisal or income verification.

Please feel free to reach out to my cell @ (949) 212-4578

Good luck!

Grant Fawcett
Mortgage Banker
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
Ph: (949) 212-4578
NMLS: 832635
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice