Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Agent2Agent in Oklahoma City : Real Estate Advice

  • All434
  • Local Info35
  • Home Buying154
  • Home Selling44
  • Market Conditions11

Activity 7
Mon Sep 4, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
If you are looking for personal training, a mentor or someone to train you by doing rather than a classroom or online setting, you may want to interview with some small offices. Many new agents get lost in the big offices. A team concept can give you more personal training and access to clients and homes to sell from day 1. You have to ask what the costs are, what they pay, do they train personally, do they provide leads, how about clients ready to go? Many big companies have top notch online and class room training. The key to success often is with the ability to use that in real life. Once you do decide, you will want to promote yourself and one of the best ways is signing up for a free Active Rain blog and getting active. I put a link below to sign up for free. It is a great source of leads, the more active you become, the greater the leads can be. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 14, 2010
Jennifer Blackwell answered:
I'm glad you were able to close without any other problems. Sounds like he probably forgot about it.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 9, 2009
Joan Lorberbaum Moore answered:
Maybe this link with Q & A's will help you and your client: Of course, they should also consult with their CPA/accountant.

An answer to your question is this: What is the definition of a move-up or repeat home buyer?
The law defines a tax credit qualified move-up home buyer (“long-time resident”) as a home owner who has owned and resided in a home for at least five consecutive years of the eight years prior to the purchase date. For married taxpayers, the law tests the homeownership history of both the home buyer and his/her spouse. Repeat home buyers do not have to purchase a home that is more expensive than their previous home to qualify for the tax credit.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 3, 2009
Matt Mortgage answered:
Yes, I can get this done for you: Matt Sanders, Phoenix Mortgage Group, LLC; Phone: 405-476-2207
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 22, 2009
Phill Slocum answered:
Hi Fran,
I too share your views regarding the MLS. My Husband and I get a double dose of those MLS Fees, as we are both REALTORS. Only one of us logs on to the MLS. The other one never uses the MLS website, and does not even know how to use the token, yet we have to pay for two because our broker must make sure each of us are signed up and paid our fees for the MLS. I am not complaining about my broker, as she is just doing what the OKCMAR requires. It is really a catch 22, as a licensee we can sell property and all that that entails without being a member of OKCMAR, but we must be under a brokerage. Then in order for the broker to utilize the MLS all licensees are required to be members of MLS, even if one does not even utilize their membership. I whole heartly agree. i feel they should make some changes, especially relating to couples membership to the MLS system addressing the first three years of membership. Give us a break. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice