Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Oceanside : Real Estate Advice

  • All365
  • Local Info15
  • Home Buying95
  • Home Selling15
  • Market Conditions8

Activity 31
Fri Aug 5, 2016
Veronicaloancommunity answered:
just email, the finance you seek is available for lending
0 votes 28 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 11, 2015
Scott/Shelley Weier Lender/Realtor answered:
Hello Summer_lovingxoxo,

Feel free to look us up on Trulia or Zillow. Oceanside is exclusively our area our website has a great deal of helpful Oceanside statistics.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 2, 2014
Sinead McAllister answered:
Good Morning Jeffrey,
I would be happy to assist you. Contact me directly with your budget and we can see what's out there for you. :)

?Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL EMAIL
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Gail Phipps answered:
Currently, there are 151 properties in the 92057 zip code that are foreclosure, or pre-foreclosure. There is also two other 55+ communities in Oceanside that have very low or no HOA dues that I think you may like as well. I would be happy to send you that information. You van email me at or call me on my cell at 760-586-8138. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Brian Nguyen answered:
Have you considered financing or been pre-approved? One of the first steps to buying your house is getting pre-approved with a licensed lender. It is important to get pre-approved because it gives you a good idea of what you can afford. Also, offers from individuals with pre-approvals are taken more seriously. I recommend you speak with a lender like myself. I am a licensed loan officer based out of California and I have done plenty of loans throughout the state. I would be more than willing to speak with you to help you get the loan you need! Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 28, 2013
Tony Cannon answered:
The sales prices often posted on Trulia through data providers like RealtyTrac do not reflect the market value a standard buyer would expect to pay. This home on Rutgers was purchased through a Trustee's sale. Right now, it is difficult to find a home priced under $300,000 in the 92056 zip code. If you are looking for a house under $200,000, you may have to go to Riverside County or consider a condominium to be in North San Diego County. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 11, 2013
Sinead McAllister answered:
Hi Pampetin,
The short answer is "no." VA has the option of putting 0% down up to a certain price point. I would love to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of VA financing with you and assist you with your purchase in Oceanside. I have lived here since I was three and no one knows it better. Contact me and we can get started right away!

​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL EMAIL
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 17, 2012
John Schinkel answered:
In my experience, you can not do this under normal circumstances. I work primarily with investors and Buyers looking for great deals so I have gone down this road several times. It is understandably frustrating to be a Buyer, well qualified and ready to buy a house but with no way to present an offer to the owner. I offer a two part explanation as to why bidding on a foreclosure prior to it's oficial listing date is typically not an option. First, the bank wants as much for the asset as the market will bear. To accomplish this, it is necessary to expose the property to as many buyers as possible. Not only do they want the property on the local MLS, usually they will leave it on the market long enough to accumulate multiple offers. This creates a competitive situation that often progresses to the would-be buyers improving their initial offer during the asset manager's call for highest and best.

Secondly, in many situations (not all), the original home owner will be pursued by the bank for a deficiency judgement. If that homeowner can make the case to a judge that the deficiency is based on a low sales price that resulted from the lender's failure to make a reasonable attempt to get as much for the property as possible, the lender's case may be substantially weakened or thrown out all together. And, to take this a step further, a lender who made a practice of accepting offers without exposing the property to the market then pursuing the defaulting home owner for the deficiency would likely end up facing a class action law suit.

I usually attach a tag to the property for my Buyer which alerts me and her or him immediately upon the addresses activation in the MLS.
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Justin Ruzicka answered:
HMMM, Loan mods are good, but over 60% end of doing short sale or foreclosure within 6 months of modifying. Seems to suggest that saving your money and doing short sale is best way to do. Indymac was sold to OneWest Bank in '09 or maybe even '08. Anyway, they are easy to work with on short sales and loan mods. If you need a good realtor in your area to do a short sale, I am happy to refer one. I am networked with hundreds of agents and tons of them in southern CA.

here is a good blog about short sales in general:
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 12, 2012
John Linthurst answered:
Merle you have real good income and if indeed the house would sell for close to the 135k mentioned, and you have strong credit, it would seem worthy of pursuit. However be aware that not too many houses are selling in that range and surely the lender would adjust this to market price. Second, what is your name doing on the deed? Did I read that right? On the deed and not on the loan are interesting bedfellows. Probably need a good deal more of information before anyone here can advise you properly John Linthurst Broker Associate 760 297 0771 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 13, 2012
Alain Picard answered:
The 511,651 is most likely what the total outstanding balance owed to the bank was so that's the amount that gets recorded as the sales price. When the bank lists the property for sale they most likely won't list it for that price, they will most likely have an agent check the current market and see what comparable homes are selling for and list it for that price and the bank will most likely lose a lot of money. ... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Emelia Sanchez answered:

The homeowner will require a Realtor if the property is facing foreclosure. The Realtor will need to negotiate with the foreclosing lender on their behalf as others have stated it is a long and detailed process. I have yet to see a homeowner do a for sale by owner when it is a short sale it does not make any sense when there is zero monetary return to them. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Andrew Foote answered:
That's terrible what happened to you. Unfortunately, the legal options and procedures vary from state to state, and even from county to county. I don't know that I can offer much help after the fact, but for those who read this and are concerned about falling into the same circumstances, I do have a few tips. Take your signed lease agreement to your county's clerk and recorders office. You should be able to find in by doing a google search for *your county* clerk and recorder. If you record the lease against the property at the clerk and recorders office, this makes you a party of interest for the property, and puts you on the mailing list for the foreclosing lender to notify about any upcoming proceedings. You'll also want to contact you local qualified Realtor to see if a lease survives a foreclosure conveyance in your area. The laws have been changing in recent years to protect against situations like yours, but you have to take the steps to be in the game. I hope this information serves to help some families avoid the same painful experience.

... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 6, 2011
Alma Kee answered:
Hi Marilyn,

If you're representing the buyer and do not have express written authorization from the seller to discuss his account, you cannot follow up on the short sale with the loss mitigator.

For this reason, when I work with a buyer on a short sale we include a requirement that the seller give me (the buyer's agent) and authorization letter so I can follow up with the Servicer/Loss Mitigator to make sure no one drops the ball. It also helps avoid potentialy fraudulent short sale "flips".

Hope this helps.

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 29, 2011
Harold Sharpe answered:
You can always check the county records to see if your property has changed hands.
It is a very good idea to make sure it has before you give it up.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes Realty
(951) 821-8211
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 12, 2011
Tony Cannon answered:
It is not obvious to me which property address your are referring to, but you do raise a good point that banks often do not disclose information about a property or the neighborhood. Particularily with foreclosures, I recommend buyers try to talk to the neighbors to learn more about the subject property. Not only will you get information that sellers sometimes do not disclose, but you may also find out if these are the type of people you want to be living next door to. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 11, 2010
Trinity answered:
can i stay in my home after forecloser in texas
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 29, 2010 answered:
hi please email me at indymacbankcomplaintsforclosur@ need more people !!!

if u can send address, phone numbers, state u live in ,copies of mortgage, deed of trust

copies of default notices

your e -mail
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 18, 2010
Mark O'Toole answered:
Hello Tina, the first thing you need to do is find out if the home will be surrendered to the bank through the bankruptcy. Was it included? If so, then you need to prepare to find another place to live after the discharge. I agree with Minna's response below in that you should short sale the home to avoid foreclosure. You will be protected against any defficiancy through the Bankruptcy. We have helped many families navigate through this process. You could qualify for our Bankruptcy transition program that would allow you to stay in your home for up to 6 months after a Bankruptcy discharge and receive up to $5000 in moving and transition funds. This program is available to you whether he plans on completeing the Bankruptcy or not and is 100% free. You will never have to pay to participate in the transition program. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice