Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Oakley : Real Estate Advice

  • All66
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying24
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 4
Sat Aug 20, 2016
Pay for the warranty, they are asking you to pay for a policy for $500 or something not for you to guarantee the house your self. It is customary for the seller to buy one of these on all purchases as it saves legal head aches later.

Putting "As Is" does not clear you of the liability. If there is something wrong with the house and it was not on your disclosure, they can sue you, and you will pay.

So "as is" means, they accept every problem that you told them about. If they find something else, after they move in and you did not tell them.

The exceptions to this if the property was not occupied by you, then you the property is sold as is, but then you still need to disclose what you do know, as you are liable for that, and you should still pay for the warranty.

I am not sure why you are mentioning the title as that is a separate issue.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 19, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
It depends on what was negotiated between buyer and seller. Typically the seller's costs consist of commissions, title fees and maybe some recording fees. Buyer's closing costs typically consist of loan fees, plus some title fees, recording fees, and prorated amounts for principal, taxes & insurance. You should talk to your Realtor about what kind of fees you should expect. They can also give you a "net proceeds" estimate. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 11, 2016
Angelica P answered:

To post your home for sale by owner on Trulia, click the link below and select Submit listings for sale.

You will be redirected to our partner site, Zillow. Once you activate your listing on Zillow, it will appear on Trulia within 24 hours.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 8, 2007
Keith Sorem answered:
The County Assessor has that information.
Or you could just ask a Realtor.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Oakley Zip Codes