Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Oakland : Real Estate Advice

  • All872
  • Local Info78
  • Home Buying342
  • Home Selling53
  • Market Conditions32

Activity 75
Wed Apr 12, 2017
Mario asked:
I own a condo in downtown Oakland that I rent. My current renter has offered to buy it. I have comps from similar units in my building, and if he's willing to meet those, I'm open to selling…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 15, 2017
Ron Kriss asked:
Sat Mar 11, 2017
Karen Peyton answered:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 22, 2016
Maricris A answered:

Please know Trulia estimates are currently removed from property pages while we improve the valuation model. While we do not have a specific date for when they will be available, I can assure you this is only temporary. As a general reference, please know that we do not intend for the Trulia Estimate to replace a comparative market analysis as they can take into account market intricacies that the Trulia Estimate cannot. The Trulia Estimate is really meant to be a starting point in determining a home’s value and is not an official appraisal.

I hope the information I provided today was helpful in addressing your concerns.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Sep 24, 2016
Danielle asked:
Listing has wrong Open House hours
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 19, 2016
Pecuniary3 asked:
House has been completely remodeled, all new electric, plumbing, mechanical, foundation, windows, roof, kitchen, bathroom, floors, etc. We finished and staged it, a high-end finish with…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 8, 2016
I have always paid for my customers but I wonder, did you make your agent take a short term listing? Did you insist on a discounted commission?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 30, 2016
Charlesdnn2 asked:
Thu May 12, 2016
Mg answered:
Per current federal tax law, the owner has to have occupied the property for 2 of the last 5 years to qualify, and not have used the exemption on another property within 2 years of the sale date. Check to confirm that also applies to your state taxes.
Identify all capital improvements you've made to reduce the capital gains if your gain is over the exemption amount. - renovations and additions, such as a deck, new roof, new windows/doors/siding, carpeting, pool, etc.

For 2015 federal tax, see:

To be sure you have the most up-to-date information related to Pub. 523, such as legislation enacted after it was published, go to
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 21, 2015
Arpad Racz answered:

I would also inquire as to if there are any planned zoning changes for your subject property.

Kind regards,

1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 31, 2015
Alexander Greer answered:
I would be more than happy to put in you touch with one of my preferred agents in Santa Maria and they would be able to anwser any and all questions you have during the home buying and selling process. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 29, 2015
Shantell.bracy answered:
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 24, 2015
Arpad Racz answered:
Hi Jackie,

Rather than removing it, most buyers would just not use it.

All the best,

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 16, 2015
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Hi Sofi

Give me a call at 408-656-5343


Coldwell Banker
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 16, 2015
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
It appears that the issue was dropped by the buyers agent, and the transaction has closed.

The issue would come up if you checked the box saying you have a EBMUD Sewer Lateral Certificate
then, unfortunately you are in trouble.

There are local requirements that both buyers and sellers agree to.
This is a EB disclosure.

Generally such a Certificate is a disclosure item, and clearly the Buyers and their agent dropped the ball.
Its a negotiated item

Guidelines for Buying or Selling a Property:

Obtain a Compliance Certificate before transferring title by fixing the PSL, if necessary, and then having an EBMUD inspector witness the PSL verification test (an air or water pressure test of the PSL). The buyer and seller will negotiate who will obtain the Compliance Certificate. Alternatively, you may request a Time Extension Certificate which provides an additional six months for obtaining a Compliance Certificate.

Clearly, your agents company attorney should be able to help you.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 5, 2015
Diane Christner answered:
Your real estate agent can do that for you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2015
Nora Moore answered:
It would be a good idea to have it inspected. If I were you I'd talk to my realtor, but most buyers what to know the condition of all those different aspects of the house. A house is a big investment after all. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 6, 2015
Pacita Dimacali answered:
Pre-fabricated home maybe classified as a manufactured home...and in which case, may not warrant the same resale value and appreciation as custom built home.

Before you order any pre-fabricated materials, etc. you may first want to check with the local building/permitting department to make sure tat what you are planning to do is allowed in the area where you want to set it up. There may be certain deed restrictions that will inhibit plans that deviate from what is the norm in that area.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice