Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

O'Fallon : Real Estate Advice

  • All37
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 22
Tue Aug 30, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
The buyer agent is suppose to work for you and keep your secrets secret. If not get released from your contract asap
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 1, 2016
Kim and Daryl Harvey asked:
725 credit, no payments/debt, no repos. Married Couple - Mechanic & computer tech by trade. Children are grown & do not live with us. 1 declawed cat. We have a Pending offer on our…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 24, 2016
Xandismother asked:
I think it's too early to start looking, but we are overseas right now and I'd like to have a place set up before we get there. We'd like to be in the Fort Zumwalt district, preferably South…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 14, 2014
United Select Properties answered:
Another thing to consider outside of a few of the answers below, is timing. What is your anticipated time to do the repairs to get it to the condition of market ready. Please note that "market ready" is not the same for every house or area. Numbers are great on paper but holding costs can pulverize a investors bottom line. Make sure you have reliable contractors-that show up! Another condition outside of making a good purchase is who will you be selling it too? Will it be an area or price range that will bring mostly FHA, USDA buyers or more of a conventional buyer. With each of those will bring a different set of inspection or appraisal considerations. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 14, 2014
United Select Properties answered:
Wow-what great responses you have had! I, like a few have been in the business since 1989, selling & training other agents for some of the major companies in the St. Louis metro. In addition to being the "go to" person for agents & their real estate business, I participated in negotiating over 400 transactions on behalf of their clients, just last year. With that type of experience, its easy to anticipate any surprises.

One thing to consider in finding the right fit, is that some real estate professionals will chose to focus on just traditional purchases and mortgages. There's a lot more out there! You may want to consider, a bank owned, short sale, or new construction. Finding the right property is as important, as the right financing. I will assist you with both making sure its a great partnership in every aspect. Thank you.

P.S. Yes! Interview! Trulia offers a great list of the best questions to consider.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 12, 2014
Ron Rovtar answered:
As others have mentioned, you probably can get a mortgage loan if you have the income required and are not heavily in debt. But, before you apply, try to find a mortgage broker in your area who will look at your entire credit picture and help you make some changes. Sometimes credit scores and reports can be improved fairly quickly. And the improvements can mean a lower interest. You might also talk to someone at a HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency in your area. This will be a free service. You should be able to find one near you by using the link below.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 3, 2014
tigger19687 answered:
Are you out of state?
Your best bet is to call a few Real Estate offices and see who you like best and work with them.
They will be able to tell you and show you what is in your area and Prices. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 27, 2014
I offer a free credit simulator to all my borrowers. This determines what and how much needs to be paid in order to raise your credit scores. The higher the credit score, the better the rate and terms.

Let's discuss your loan scenario in more detail. Contact me at 800 315 8803. My name is Bart and I have been in the mortgage business since 1987. I am happy to answer your mortgage questions, 7 days a week and review your loan scenario. Until then, I look forward to hearing from you.

Bart Gabe - Lending Nationwide Since 1987

800 315 8803

NMLS 20743
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 23, 2014
Deborah Sciarrino answered:
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Chris Hill answered:
Hi Susanne
There is something called a mutual release form that can be signed if you feel the agency is not fulfilling up to it's duties. Since you are in agreement with the agency you would need the broker who signed the document to sign the release. Obviously they would not want that and most likely would want to refer you to a different agent inside their organization. Not all agents there are bad. It really just depends on how it is approached and are you willing to work with another agent inside their brokerage. But the best thing to do is to talk to your agent in your home town who referred you to this person. They most likely work for the same firm and could give you helpful suggestions on how best to approach this situation. I hope this helps! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 28, 2013
Carolyn answered:
Togadere Properties: 635 month 2/2 with basement. 1026 N Main Street O Fallon 63366 314-739-5999
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 7, 2013
Doug Howell answered:

There are many 3 bedroom homes for rent in St. Charles around the $1,500 range, but very few 4 bedroom. Checking with a qualified Realtor in the area would be a good start, as well as checking sources like Trulia, Zillow, and even Craigslist. When using Craigslist however, be careful of scams. The best way to find out if an advertised property is legitimate is to check with a Realtor who can research the property for you.

Good luck!
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Dale Weir answered:
There are multiple things available. First the state has their MHDC grants available - tou can google MHDC to check their different programs and qualifications. Then there is HUD money available in many areas. It is normally controlled by the county, but is occasionally controlled by the city the home is in. Most cities and counties will tell you about it on their wrbsites and what the qualifications are in their areas.

Both programs typically can be layered and used together. The key is finding a LENDER who is certified to work with the programs and a REALTOR who understands them. Their are other grants available that go with the particular house rather than the municipality. A good place to start is with the HUD counselor in the area, since for many of the programs you have to ho through theirbprogram in order to qualify for getting the grant money.

Note - some of the grants have to be paid back regardless, but some are foregivesble if you live inthe home for 5-7 years
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 11, 2013
Anna Ramos answered:
Hi Amy, just read your post. There is a Non Profit Organization called NACA, that could be very helpful for those buyers that have not kept a good credit, and/or have been denied conventional loan programs. You can visit the website tor more details :
I am familiar with their program, and i will be happy to share the information. Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Sheila Worley answered:
Good morning....I would suggest having a realtor set you up on Listingbook. Great resource for buyers/sellers/renters etc. If you don't have a Listingbook account already, just let me know. It's free and I would be happy to point you in the right direction.
Have a super day!

Sheila Worley
Prudential Alliance
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 30, 2012
Dale Weir answered:
In order to help you, you need to give us more information. What area are you interested in? What price range are you looking in? what other features are you looking for in a home? In order to help you, you need to give us far more information ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 24, 2012
Dan Tabit answered:
One more thought, you could register on this site and post blogs about moving, moving troubleshooting, avoiding common mistakes, how to rate competitive bids etc. Then readers may find you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Annette Levinson answered:
Ruth, you need to show that you are paying per agreement on your BK13 for 12 months. At that time you can ask your trustee if they would allow you to refinance your mortgage (to lower payments). If they say yes then you can go to a mortgage originator for a consultation on whether or not you qualify for a refinance. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice