Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

In My Neighborhood in Northwest Raleigh : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Tue Jan 17, 2012
Conder Realty, LLC answered:
1st) Print out tax record from, 2nd) Pull deed of trust and all liens for the property(by name or book/page both are on the tax record) from online book of deeds , 3rd) Go to 12th floor of county courthouse and use 1 of 2 computers to pull special proceeding number(exp. SP 11 6511) by name of owner, 4th) Special proceedings will have a hard copy folder listed by number with the hearing date and occasionally the foreclosure date with the opening bid.

From these you can find all owners with addresses they have ever used, who the lender/mortgage company is, all recorded liens against the property(also when at the courthouse, look up judgements against owners to see if there will be any other issues), relative dates, substitute trustee, and other important info.

I go to the courthouse regularly and can do this for you if you prefer. Each property must handle differently depending on the situation. Email me at with your name, phone number, and subject property. Feel free to contact me directly @ 919.896.7131.

... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Search Advice