Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Northwest Pensacola : Real Estate Advice

  • All40
  • Local Info9
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 3
Mon Mar 6, 2017
Blpalmer1021 asked:
what is crime rate in Mirabelle sub-division Pensacola fl
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 18, 2014
Michael Joseph answered:
The crime in Pensacola is horrible. It's actually listed as the 10th most violent small city in the United States. You can research it but I'll put it this way they had 7 or 8 different shootings this weekend. I left Pensacola and bought else where because the schools are horrible and there are usually several shootings a week. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Myke Atwater answered:
Here is the situation with homestead. If you make it your primary home, this would almost cover all your taxable liability.

Homestead, Up To $50,000
Every person who owns and resides on real property in Florida on January 1 and makes the property his or her permanent residence is eligible to receive a homestead exemption up to $50,000. The first $25,000 applies to all property taxes, including school district taxes. The additional exemption up to $25,000, applies to the assessed value between $50,000 and $75,000 and only to non-school taxes.

The application for homestead exemption (Form DR-501) and other property tax forms are posted on our form page and on most property appraiser's websites. Click here for county property appraiser contact and website information. Some county sites have quick and easy online applications. If filing for the first time, be prepared to answer these questions:

â—¦Whose name or names were recorded on the title on January 1?
â—¦What is the street address of the property?
â—¦Were you living in the dwelling on January 1?
â—¦Do you claim homestead in another county or state?

For more information, go to your local tax office (on line or in person) and they can give you more information. A title company or a realtor can also help you with this information.

Myke Triebold, GRI, ABR, SFR
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice