Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Northridge : Real Estate Advice

  • All73
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying19
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Thu Aug 18, 2016
Cheryll asked:
Going though divorce, husband still living in house, won't move until he gets money, either
from a new mortgage if I stay, or we sell now. Going into the fall wondering if we'll get
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Rita Erangey & Richard Raddatz answered:
The assessor shows 2.054 sf for the house. It appears there is very little usable yard. If the extra 480 sf you have listed in the 2,534sf is not permitted, this will have a considerable negative effect on the sale price, as well as any buyers that will be willing to take one the potential hazard of unpermitted additions to a house. I think under the circumstances, the list price is quite reasonable at this time. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 3, 2010
Selling Buying Ryan answered:
Hello Dear Deb,

That’s a great question!
However, this should have never come up as a problem, since your agent should have discussed this matter with you on the very beginning of signing the Purchase Agreement. Buyer normally takes possession after close of escrow, or if different it has to be stipulated in the purchase agreement (3 days after closing at 5:00pm) etc. I had some closings, the buyer requested 10 days after closing close, to take possession and move in.
Again Real Estate is the place where everything is possible, as long it is in writing and all parties involved agree to the terms.

Ryan Gussman, Realtor
Alter Wilson Real Estate
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 12, 2010
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Check my blog regarding Deficiency Judgements in California.

Talk to an accountant also besides many fine Realtors on this board who know short sales.

Thoroughly, otherwise a bankruptcy faces you, two to three years out.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 15, 2009
Dereksimms answered:
A good agent is one that is responsive and hard working. Beside giving our clients daily reports of Northridge Listtings, we also have a powerful website that updates from MLS every 15 minutes. Check out our website and give us a call if you need an agent who can work hard for you. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 26, 2009
Richelle Briasco answered:
Selling a house is is a very large and demanding transaction. It is in your best interest to hire a Realtor or an Attorney. Contract law is very specific. If there is a problem, the judge usually sides with the buyer. That would not be you. If there was a problem with the property, the buyer could file suit against you for numerous reasons. A Realtor or an Attorney would draft a contract with language to protect you. Even if you sell the property "AS-IS" there are other considerations such as fair market value. Do you have an accurate assesment of how much the property is worth? Will the neighbor be stealing the house? If you are trying to save money on the comission, it could cost you even more in the end. You might want to negotiate with a Realtor so that you are protected, and they get paid for a valuable service. It would be win-win for both of you. Please feel free to call or email with any questions. Have a wonderful day.
Richelle Briasco
RE/MAX Estates
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 15, 2009
Stephanie answered:
We just did a short sale on our home in Parkland, FL. We were not late - ever - and the bank still agreed to the sale. There was a $500,000 deficiency that they forgave. The hardship was the decline in my husband's business income - we also had an Option Arm and had been paying the lowest payment for 2 months. We indicated in our hardship letter that we would not be able to make the fully amortized (i.e. 30 year P&I) payment probably ever again (it was a $1.35 million mortgage) and that we would likely be forced to a deed-in-lieu at some point.

Not only did they agree to the sale, but the entire process from offer to closing was 4 weeks.

Don't listen to these realtors either - they know nothing about the tax ramifcations, anything. Get a real estate lawyer - the attorney usually won't charge you and will actually be paid by *your* lender off the HUD statement at closing - b/c an attorney has a fiduciary obligation to you, and these realtors do not. They only want to see the deal close and could care less how the bank treats your deficiency. The deficiency is the WHOLE shebang for you as the seller.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 29, 2008
Cynthia Fleming answered:
Realtorex, If you find out how to get involved, please let me know. I've tried via several websites without any luck. Keep me posted and if you get any good advise! Thanks.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 4, 2008
Selling Buying Ryan answered:
In this crazy, changing Real Estate Market, the seller needs all the help they can get from a professional Realtor to get the property sold. It takes a lot of creativity in these days, its not a question of saving the commission, it’s a question of paying more commission to get other Realtors interested in selling the property.
It’s all about getting multiple offers to the table, drive the price up and accept the best qualified buyers offer.

I am available and happy to help home-owners get their Family-Home sold!
Visit my web-site and see what I have to offer.
Any one can sell a property, but closing escrow is an art!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Northridge Zip Codes