Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

North Loop : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Brian Nally, Real Estate Pro in Austin, TX
Tue Apr 30, 2013
Brian Nally answered:
Always check to make sure a home listing is listed by a licensed real estate agent in the state of texas. Any real estate agent worth a lick will gladly provide you with there license number. You can confirm that they are licensed by searching for their profile/license information on the Texas Real Estate Commission website. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Karen Pagani, Real Estate Pro in Austin, TX
Sun Apr 28, 2013
Karen Pagani answered:
From your question, it looks like you already know that zoning is not the same thing as use (a lot of people don't). Depending on the business you plan on running, the "use" part may be trickier--or not. It all kind of depends on the property, what you plan on doing with it, and the zoning of what's around it. Just make sure you do your due diligence. I know from working withe some clients on the East side that Travis County hands out the mixed-use zoning like candy (okay, that part may be a slight exaggeration). The "use" part: the permits, the plumbing, the PARKING--that's an entirely different ballgame, and it varies from business type to business type. Make sure you have an experienced agent and a great architect who both know how the process works. The last thing you want are long delays and the obligation to re-do your plans after you've already started.

Best of luck with your search!

Karen Pagani, Ph.D., Realtor
The GIll Agency
Tel: 512 786 7224
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice