Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

North Hills : Real Estate Advice

  • All35
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 30
Thu Jun 1, 2017
Mary answered:

Thank you for reaching out. I am happy to help you get your listing posted on Trulia.

If you would like to post a rental on Trulia, you will be redirected to use our partner site, Zillow Rental Manager, to list your rental on Zillow, Trulia and other top sites. Please follow this link for instructions on how to post a rental listing:

If you have additional questions or have issues with posting your listing, please reply back to this email and I will be happy to help you.

Zillow Rental Manger Help:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 24, 2014
Anthony Godinez answered:
You should try and look for a state or local board of education website to see if they have a rating. In Illinois all schools get a report card and you can see how the school measures up vs district/state/national. In California you may want to check and see if you can find local schools. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 21, 2014
Clarissa asked:
Mon Mar 3, 2014
Alexander Greer answered:
This is a site of real estate agents and a few others. You would need to talk to a tax expert, maybe a CPA. Email me if you have any further questions.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Robert Spinosa answered:

It's possible that your solution above will work. To be sure, check with your loan agent and have him/her review all applicable guidelines for "paying off debt to qualify." Most lenders will need to document the terms of the new loan, and others may require more or less than this --- it depends both on the program and the institution.

If you inquired about the personal loan itself, be advised that the credit inquiry your bank ran will show on your prior-to-funding credit check. So it's not possible to "slip this past" the vast majority of lenders and I would not suggest that you attempt that. Be above board, get the answers you need and in all likelihood you will be OK.

Let me know if I can help.

Rob Spinosa
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 16, 2013
Marge Bennett answered:
I agree with Don. You really need to talk this over with a real estate attorney or estate planner.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 11, 2013
Claudia Muller answered:
Escrow and title fees are set and cannot be discounted.
However, the 'garbage' fees such as doc prep, loan tie in, edoc, courier, etc are definitely not controlled and can be discounted.
The above doc prep fee is high (should be included in the escrow fee) and the edoc fee should be included in the escrow fee.
The loan tie in fee on the above is out of control!! Too high!
Messenger fee: in order to charge this amount, there must be an invoice to charge it.
Wire fee is typical.

In short doc prep, loan tie and edoc seem high.
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 18, 2012
Daniel Villegas answered:
Let me know what you would like to do...I have sold a condo in your area recently...and am currently looking for a seller and buyer. c 800-981-7638
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 12, 2012
webinfo49 asked:
It's all one development. There is no sign on the property indicating management.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Jhon Cordova answered:
I just came from giving the key to my buyers in that area. They bought a house for $300k, nice house with some updates. The area is nice, there are some quiet street, you got a shopping center close by, schools and access to the freeway. Contact me if you are looking to purchase a home in that area or surroundings.

Jhon Cordova Realtor®, Acredited REO Agent™
CA DRE Lic #: 01817265
Tel: (818) 968-1691| Fax: (818) 923-5201
Search for Homes at
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 16, 2012
Jhon Cordova answered:
Hi Terry,

Closing your credit will negatively affect your score. I have a local loan officer who can help you and answer all your questions about getting a loan.

Please contact me by email at or phone at 818-968-1691

Jhon Cordova Realtor®, Acredited REO Agent™
CA DRE Lic #: 01817265
Tel: (818) 968-1691| Fax: (818) 923-5201
Search for Homes at
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat May 12, 2012
Jairo Arreola answered:
Talk to agents. Most work with lenders who they have conducted previous transactions. They will refer you the ones that will get the job done in a quick and efficient manner. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I work for a mortgage broker and can guide you to those we use.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 7, 2012
John Arendsen answered:
Personally, I would rather work with a broker any day as opposed to a bank. Unless it's a small community bank, which generally don't do conventional mortgages anyway, but do give up close and personal hands on service, I'd tend to stick with a Mortgage broker.

Most big banks don't have a clue about how to deal with people because their employees are just a bunch of robots trained to provide very scant service at best. It's not really their fault it's just the training or lack thereof that's provided to them by these "To Big To Fail" Institutions that are scared to death to let go of any of the bail out billions their sitting on.

Whew! Boy do I ever feel better now that I got that one off my chest. LOL!!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon May 7, 2012
Jhon Cordova answered:
Hi Terry,

I will be happy to help you. I work the SFV and know where you can find properties for that price. If you got approved last year, I will recommend you to get approved again. I work with direct lenders that can give you very competitive rates.

here is my contact information.

Jhon Cordova Realtor®, Acredited REO Agent™
CA DRE Lic #: 01817265
Tel: (818) 968-1691| Fax: (818) 923-5201
Search for Homes at
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 16, 2011
John Juarez answered:

I reviewed the other questions that you asked in the last few days and I have to say, “WOW”! Don’t you have an agent? In one question, you state that no one is representing you! Scary!!!

The free help that you are trying to get on-line is no substitute for professional representation by an experienced Realtor.

Good luck! It looks like you will need it.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 15, 2011
Matthew Bartlett answered:
Hi Jeannette,

I'm guessing your first question is dealing with how much you should drop the sales price due to the surprise issues with your fireplace. If I'm correct, then my answer to you is to base it off of any estimates to complete the repairs. You will be the only one who can determine if you will pay the entire cost of repairs yourself or ask the Buyer's to share in the cost of repairs.

You should also understand that every Seller says they wish to sell their home "as is", but that is not always possible. And there is a misconception that simply because the Seller and Buyer agree that the sale is "as is" that the Buyer cannot or should not make further requests after completing their property inspections. Your home is a perfect example because you discovered an unknown problem with your fireplace due to your prospective Buyer's property inspection or fireplace inspection. This problem is most likely going to fall under safety and soundness, so any potential Buyer is going to in all likely hood want these surprise repairs taken care of. Furthermore, their Lender and any other prospective Buyer's Lender for that matter, will require these repairs be made prior to close of escrow.

With regards to the smoke detectors. You as the Seller must by law prior to selling your home install smoke detectors and strap the water heater's in the home. You must also install proper carbon minoxide detectors in your home prior to sale as well due to recent legislation. Selling the home "as is" does not remove this obligation. Your Realtor should be able to explain what your City code requirements are regarding installation. If your Cities code requirements are more stringent than the State's then the Cities code requirements should be followed. Lastly, unless your Cities code requirements stipulate hard-wired smoke detectors, then it's my opinion, simple battery operated smoke detectors will be fine. If the Buyer's persist in this request, then request that the Buyer's themselves pay for their purchase and installation. You may also contact your Cities Code Enforcement office to determine yourself what is required of you regarding detector installation. Good luck!

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 10, 2011
Deborah Garvin answered:
The agents here have done a great job of answering your questions about negotiating with the buyers the costs of fixing/repairing the fireplace. However, be aware that the lender may require the fireplace to be repaired (they certainly will if there is any defect or structural issue). If that is the case, the fireplace will most likely need to be repaired before any lender will finance the property. Discuss this with your agent as you may want to keep these buyers as opposed to re-selling the property. Best of luck! ... more
2 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
North Hills Zip Codes