Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in North Carolina : Real Estate Advice

  • All460
  • Local Info33
  • Home Buying255
  • Home Selling49
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 17
Mon Jul 10, 2017
garypuntman answered:
I'm not sure what the best policy is. It's a good idea to talk to an insurance agent about it though. You could also talk to a landlord and see what they suggest. It's important to make sure you get a policy with enough coverage. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 1, 2016
Ssantos asked:
Thu May 19, 2016
John and Sue Martin answered:
you can try this.... You put in the address - it will zero in to that point.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 3, 2015
Tim Lancsek answered:
For the most part no. However insurance companies will write policies for anything with the right premium. So to say that there is no such thing is not true. Its just not a normal insurance that is obtained. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 22, 2014
Pete Key answered:
The Preliminary Flood Zone Maps are now available. We received links to them about three weeks ago. They go into effect next year. Contact me for a link.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Sharon Paul answered:
Your question needs to be referred to an insurance agent, and I'll be glad to do that, but first do you currently have Homeowner's Insurance? Secondly are you referring to the town of Ocean Isle or to the town of Oak Island, and do you know what flood zone the house is in?

If you currently have Homeowner's Insurance then your most accurate answer is going to come from your agent. I highly recommend you pick up the phone and give them a call. Or you can call any of the larger companies, Nationwide, State Farm, Farm Bureau, AAA just to name a few. There's also a number of independent agents that could easily give you a quote.

Sorry we can't assist you with a concise answer, but a Realtor's area of expertise is real property not insurance.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Donald Stevens answered:
You need to try an independent agent. Many standard companies require you to insure your home for replacement cost. There are companies that will let you insure the home for less but they are a niche market and you have to shop around to find it. Just know that if you have a policy for less than replacement cost and your home burns down there won't be enough money to rebuild. Also look at a higher deductible or adding your car insurance to get a multipolicy discount. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 4, 2011
Christopher Pagli answered:
Hi, the pricing varies based on the home, location, condition, and your credit score. Call a few companies to get proper estimates.

0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 3, 2011
Deborah Hawks Chilton asked:
My house is listed for sale as a potential short sale and I was just wondering if I needed to make the montly payment while waiting for the house to sell.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
If you have auto insurance, i would contact them first has isurance companies offer huge discounts if you have your home and auto with the same company. If you do not have insurance you should check with a couple of different companies such as Allstate, State Farm, Amica and perhaps a independanty company in your home town, compare rates and deductibles and choose one. It is an easy process and companies do offer free quotes. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 18, 2011
Ediddy21 answered:

Once your homeowners insurance submits payment to you for a claim made against the policy, they have the right to subrogate against the insurance company that represents the HOA if they feel and the evidence indicates that the HOA policy should have covered the loss because of neglect on there part. Once your insurance company request subrogation from the HOA's insurance carrier, they should include your deductible as part of the loss. If and when they have collected all of there money back, your insurance company will reimburse your deductible to you. Speak with the claims adjuster in charge of your claim with your insurance company in regards to this. If you feel they are giving you the runaround, read your policy under subrogation for exact terms and conditions. Remember that your insurance company MUST comply with what is stated on the policy. Best of Luck. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue May 4, 2010
Donna Sutton answered:
Hello Casey,
In searching the Cleveland County Tax Info for you, I found there are two listed 128 Dirty Ankle Rd properties. One is just land. 1.97acres with a tax value of $8,641.00. The other has a home with basement on .96 acre of land. The tax value on that one is showing $$85,746.00.
If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to call me at 704-470-7147. Also, if you are looking for any specific property, I would be happy to help you find it.
Thank you, have a great day.
Donna Sutton, Broker
Gateway Properties of the Carolinas, LLC
704-470-7147 cell
704-730-9991 office
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Hugh answered:
I did a search and found this site called This site lead me to an agent that was very clear and provided a reasonable rate for my home in Mathews, NC which is just outside of Charlotte. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 25, 2009
Melanie McDuffie answered:
Are you purchasing a home or in the process right now? If so where, because it would depend on where you are living and what state that you would want to talk to someone. Let me know if it is in fact in Jacksonville ,North Carolina, and I would be more than happy to try and help.

Thank you ,
Melanie McDuffie
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 17, 2008
Jonathan Osman answered:
Tman is way off. There are some factors to consider that may adjust this figure however a typical 2000 sq. ft. single family home would be around $350 - $450 a year. Condos are much less because you're only insuring the drywall in, much like renters insurance.

The best solution is to call Traci Suggs over at HB Cantrell and have her work up a quote for you. She's experienced, knowledgable an my personal insurance representative.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice