Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Newark : Real Estate Advice

  • All317
  • Local Info32
  • Home Buying126
  • Home Selling15
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 11
Tue Apr 8, 2014
Ray Stevens answered:
Yes, but if this is a second home purchase and you rent your your first, where will you live? If you move to a rental, your income will need to support the rent, the payment on your old home's mortgage, plus the mortgage on the 2nd home.

You can call me or email me to clarify your situation.

A Personal Introduction:

I am a branch manager for GSF Mortgage Corp and have 15 year’s experience in the business. I am licensed in New Jersey, Virginia and Florida. I operate out of Cape Coral, Florida. I am also a top-rated and lender. It was built by being 100% honest with clients while focusing on fast responses to emails and phone calls;

We offer conventional, FHA, VA, jumbo, USDA, Homepath, HARP and reverse mortgages. We are also a Direct Lender and Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae.

GSF has received numerous awards and is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. We lend our own money and everything stays in house. With our many underwriters, we can easily close your purchase or refi in about 3 weeks.

Apply now:

Please call or email me anytime.


Ray R. Stevens
GSF Mortgage Corporation
Branch Manager
Branch NMLS #1122003
Originator NMLS #177825
Office: 239-471-7971
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Lester Cole answered:
Contact: Manny Martins
American Fidelity Mortgage
908-741-6400 (Office)
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Fritz Walter answered:
We do a lot Tri-State business and VA is not a problem. 30 day pricing and closings are absolutely in our wheelhouse as well. Feel free to call or email me if you have any questions.

All the best,

Fritz Walter
VP of Retail Sales
Toll free: 800-359-1996 x551
Direct: 203-783-4551
NMLS ID: 387922
Visit my webpage:
Company Website:
Total Mortgage Services, LLC - NMLS #2764
Licensed in: CT, FL, MD, NJ, NC, SC, TX, VA
Total Mortgage Licensed in: AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, ME, MD, MA, MI, MS, NE, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WV, WA

Total Mortgage offers a complete selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional, FHA, FHA 580-639 FICO, FHA 203 Renovation (Streamline & Consultant), HomePath, VA, VA IRRL, USDA, Jumbo financing , and No Income or reduced income. Portfolio, jumbo, and conventional programs offered for self-employed borrowers as well.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri May 10, 2013
Autumn Urling answered:
The answer is Yes. If you are legally married and it is your primary residence.
Your husband will remain on all title. Call First Prestige Mortgage Services....
and all of your questions will be answered to get it done
973-744-8300 or 888-FHA-ROAD.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 9, 2012
Wayne Odenbrett answered:
I too have refinanced my home to buy investment properties a number oftimes.
But you will find that there is little assistance avaialbe for your down payment if you do it all at once
You may consider looking into a Home Equite Loan instead of a full ReFi
They are generally less expensive to do that and full ReFi
That would give you cash quicker.

Or perhaps you can do it in stages.
ReFi now, Get the cash out.
Then persure the investment
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 14, 2011
Annette Levinson answered:
You can buy with an ITN number if he pays taxes in the US. They will also require credit report (with FICO) and bank statements.
It might be easier for you to go for credit counseling and get your credit in order. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 9, 2011
Jeanne Feenick answered:
Once again Mack gets my vote for great answer - in recommending mortgage reps I look for reliability and strength of preapproval - and in order for me to be helpful, access. I can';t stress how important this is when you hit a bump in the road. Both access to the mortgage rep and the mortgage rep's involvement throughout AND direct access to the processor.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 24, 2010
William Polack answered:
The first question is are you going to farm the land? The second question is do you intend to move to this country and farm the land? It's become so difficult for foregin nationals to get loans with less than 40% down. You may have to check with a credit union to see if they do land deals and to foreign nationals. This may also be considered a commercial loan depending on your use of the property. This may or may not make it easier to buy. My apologies that I'm not well versed on farm land. No one else answered and usually when one person answers, several others do. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 22, 2008
Jeff K answered:
Hi Matt,

Have a quick free consult with a real estate attorney (who you'll then use afterwards). It sounds like your agent is inexperienced and her boss doesn't want to support a deal where they won't get their big cut. I would not trust their word in what you can or can't do, since this is a contract issue - and in NJ contracts are done by lawyers.

You may wish to consider PA, assuming that you don't work in Philly (4% city tax). PA has much lower income tax than NJ (3.03 vs what you pay now - likely 5.25 or 6.37) and lower property taxes also. When you add those up (not counting possibly expensive association fees), it may be worth your while to move a touch across that river and reap the savings!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice