Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Investment Properties in New York : Real Estate Advice

  • All4K
  • Local Info434
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling222
  • Market Conditions94

Activity 58
Yesterday at 2:26pm
Elena Ravich, Esq. answered:
Hi Suman, what area of New York City you are looking at? The area really determines your budget. There are a lot of great view apartments in Manhattan with Hudson River Views, which have amazing sunsets or East River Views, as well as downtown condo. I am happy to chat in more detail to see which area you are mostly interested and what your budget range is. This should be your first step. Once you know that, you can start looking at places. Without knowing your budget it would be a bit premature.

I am always happy to assist with any real estate questions

Elena Ravich, Esq.| MS in RE Finance & Investments |
Certified Negotiations Expert | Associate Broker
387 Park Avenue South, 4th Fl | New York, NY 10003
C 646.593.7207
Check your NYC property value at
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 21, 2017
Eric M. asked:
If I come across a listing that is community space zoned in NYC, what does that mean? Just church, daycare, etc? Any good resources for finding what could be done w/ the space?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 20, 2017 asked:
Thu Jun 1, 2017
Jonathan Lahey answered:

You need to contact your agent if you have to help you find a home with your credits ! Thanks!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 11, 2017
Matthew Tejeda answered:
Mon Feb 13, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Nobody can answer your question because if you have a legal document between you and your partner, the tax issue should have been addressed in the document. Normally taxes applied to the sale of a real estate transaction is applied when the entire property is sold - not a fractional ownership.

You need to contact a real estate tax attorney and an accountant.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 17, 2016
Melvin.monachan asked:
Sat Jul 23, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Thu Jun 2, 2016
Patricktravis asked:
Sun May 22, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Technically, no. You do need to be licensed or a professional property manager. However, if you are a family member or long time friend, then yes you can collect rents and maintain the properties. You will need a signed agreement or contract that spells out every little detail. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 18, 2016
Karen Peyton answered:
That hint of waddle you see may indicate a duck, but only a tax professional will know for certain. There are other questions to be answered.

When speaking with him or her, inquire about a 1031 Tax Deferred Exchange. It could be for you...problem solved!

Good luck - and hopefully no "quack!" :)
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 12, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Zillow and Trulia is for residential properties only. You can try for commercial properties. Also contact several brokerages and ask the Office Manager or Broker in Charge to assign an agent who specializes in commercial properties. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 17, 2016
Jonathan Lahey answered:
Wed Oct 7, 2015
Letaehhitezherry answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 26, 2015
Steve Riddle answered:
You may contact me by clicking on my picture, Ill try to answer your questions in a more private fashion. There are several avenues of opportune might benefit your market approach method of listing the unit. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 26, 2015
Anna M Brocco answered:
For an accurate answer check with management, or consider having your attorney review all related paperwork to see if anything in the documents will prevent you from doing so....
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 26, 2015
Steve Riddle answered:
I often answer this question with a child's Voice. Loss of income due to no performance is a schedule e deduction. In other words, loss is not loss but balance sheet proforma
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice