Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

For Rent in New York : Real Estate Advice

  • All4K
  • Local Info433
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling218
  • Market Conditions93

Activity 149
Wed May 3, 2017
Lashawnn58 answered:
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 25, 2017
Sandrahawkins100 asked:
Mon Feb 13, 2017
Aftab Khan answered:
I am looking for a 2 bed,1 & half bath Condo/apartment in a building with elevator and in a low crime area with nearby access trains/subway to downtown Manhattan price upto $2000 per month. My email ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 2, 2017
Ortiz1988c answered:
Tue Nov 22, 2016
Christine.woods32 answered:
You need to consider a room with such budget. To rent a studio for less then $1000 in NYC is almost impossible.
Coming back to most affordable neighborhoods, I advise to look for rentals in Sunnyside and Bay Ridge. the first one is about 15 minutes from midtown Manhattan. And it can take almost 45 minutes via the train to get from second neighborhood to Manhattan.
If you find an apartment that you like, but the rent is hight for you. Try to negotiate the price with your landlord. Fortunately, there is a rental application platform that offer to submit the price for vacancies online.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 16, 2016
Southparkeron30th asked:
cannot 'share' any slitting you send to me. Will not work. I need to be able to do so. Unless you get it to work, or figure it out for me, I'm moving on.

I've been…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 12, 2016
Elaine Stratos answered:
...Why is it necessary to have a Guarentor Insurent ask for their fee of one mos rent... cash 2100.00
their fee,as well as escrow for another two mos. 4100.00..for the insurance.......when the landlord demanded another
4100.00 f or two mos..........all because my Fico is low but my bank account has 290,000 cash from selling my a much more expensive area......east 62nd street........looks like a Predatory situation...
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 21, 2016
Knisbett0529 asked:
I would like to know if there are any landlords willing to rent to a small family with a City Feps Voucher? We would be willing to pay the difference if the landlord is asking for more than…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 17, 2016
Latasha Bolling asked:
looking for apartment that take feps in manhatten or bronx close to manhatten email me at
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 13, 2016
Cageswife0605 asked:
Thu Aug 25, 2016
Miss.kattie answered:
Yes, I agree with you, it's not an easy task to find a cheap room with good facilities. I advise you to search accomodations on Rentberry, cause this site allows tenants to submit price for property. So if you apply for properties only with low to mid demand, I sure you will find a good room even with small budget. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 18, 2016
Neil Roxas answered:

We are a real estate search engine so we don't represent the homes found on our site. Please follow these steps to begin your home search:

Hope this will help you in anyway possible.

1. Click the 'RENT' tab at the top of our homepage.
2. Enter your desired city and state in the search bar and hit Enter.
3. Click 'Max Price' to select what your highest price would be to pay for a home. Click 'Min Price' to set the lowest price you would pay.
4. Select your preferred property type, square footage, allowed pets, etc.
5. Click the orange 'Done' button.

This will begin to pull up listings that are more tailored to what you are looking for.

If you are interested in a listing, click on the "Request Viewing" button. You can also take advantage of our vast network of agents here:

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Aug 14, 2016
Stephanie Greenberg asked:
Wed Aug 3, 2016
trina118 answered:
I have a section 8 voucher, I'm 20yr old engaged young man wanting to live in the Inglewood Ca. area please call me at 323-747-9912
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search Advice