Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

New Paltz : Real Estate Advice

  • All43
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying20
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 38
Mon May 15, 2017
Edward O'brien asked:
Thu Nov 17, 2016
Christine.woods32 answered:
Log homes are nice for those who desire that form of construction. Not everybody wants to buy unique properties. But once again, it depends on area, where you’re selling. Sometimes long homes sell faster, because they are a niche that doesn't come up very often. ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 28, 2015
Crimper10 asked:
& a Broker cocktail open house(according to my broker,they all said it showed very well,except attic was never finished,& 3rd bedroom didn't have closet)3rd bedroom now has…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 25, 2015
Kathy Burgreen answered:
You will have to pay a flat fee to a real estate broker to have your listing appear on Trulia. You can post your listing for free on (Zillow recently acquired Trulia & is planning to merge the 2 websites). ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 25, 2014
allan erps,ABR,SFR answered:
Hello Chandra, my son lives in New Paltz & I am less than an hour away but have all the MLS listings available to me.. Please let me know your email & send it to mine for all available properties instantly! You can also reach me most anytime at (845-304-3040 cell). Welcome you to check my Trulia Profile as well. Look forward to your reply. Allan ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 9, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Why not simply contact and interview in person a few local agents from different realty offices, then choose the one you like best; keep in mind that most have experience with such situations... ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 9, 2014
Vanessa Saunders answered:
Hi Jessica, please get in touch with Beryl Veasey Oles She will be able to provide you with a list of well priced homes for you in the New Paltz area. Happy Hunting!
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Danielgregloans answered:
Hello Sir/Ma,

Seeking funds for debt settlement and business expansion? contact me with the email below for processing.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 9, 2013
Linda Egan answered:
Hi There, There are townhouses in Port Ewan. There are beautiful Condos in Saugerties right off the NYS Thruway called The Commons at Saugerties. I am the key contact person for them as well. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed May 15, 2013
Sandy Reid answered:
This is definitely a legal question. Do you have a lawyer that you were going to utilize for the sale? I would pose these questions to them.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Eric Bean answered:
Diane, luckily for you there are so many shops, restaurants, and activities only 10 to 15 minutes from this home. Many people have found this location to be perfect for their lifestyle. New Paltz is a great combination of having the amenities of a large town or city, but so close to the things that make living in the country so relaxing. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 5, 2013
Junec51 answered:
there are two lots on Route 208. Caldwell
Banker is the agency.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Voices Member answered:
Hi Alex:

Hope you are all settledn in your new home by now. Did you wind up using Hank Pauli and if so what did you think? If you used someone else let us have your feedback.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 8, 2012
John E Quinn answered:
The property is rolling and perfect for a mini farm. The taxes are $2750.
I could meet you sunday.

Please e-mail me with your e-mail address and I will forward you the complete listing information ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Barbara Carter answered:
You read my mind! The blog is to follow. Thank you
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Barbara Carter answered:
Hi Dennis


"To be eligible, the property must be a one- to four-family dwelling that has been completed for at least one year. The number of units on the site must be acceptable according to the provisions of local zoning requirements. All newly constructed units must be attached to the existing dwelling. Cooperative units are not eligible.

Homes that have been demolished, or will be razed as part of the rehabilitation work, are eligible provided some of the existing foundation system remains in place.

In addition to typical home rehabilitation projects, this program can be used to convert a one-family dwelling to a two-, three-, or four-family dwelling. An existing multi-unit dwelling could be decreased to a one- to four-family unit.

An existing house (or modular unit) on another site can be moved onto the mortgaged property; however, release of loan proceeds for the existing structure on the non-mortgaged property is not allowed until the new foundation has been properly inspected and the dwelling has been properly placed and secured to the new foundation.

A 203(k) mortgage may be originated on a "mixed use" residential property provided: (1) The property has no greater than 25 percent (for a one story building); 33 percent (for a three story building); and 49 percent (for a two story building) of its floor area used for commercial (storefront) purposes; (2) the commercial use will not affect the health and safety of the occupants of the residential property; and (3) the rehabilitation funds will only be used for the residential functions of the dwelling and areas used to access the residential part of the property."

I hope this helps!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
New Paltz Zip Codes