Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Schools in New London County : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 1
Fri Jan 23, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:

There is a process in place that people with concerns, such as yours, should exercise. It begins with speaking with teachers and administrators about the specific issues. Then asking to be put on the BOE agenda to present your concerns.

Boards of education essentially hire staff and approve policies. They do not manage the schools but appoint administrators that are trained and state licensed to maintain a orderly educational environment.

Teachers are accountable to the administration, the administration is accountable to the BOE, and the BOE is accountable to the State Department of Education.

If you are genuinely concerned and feel strongly that change is necessary.....consider running for the school board and being part of the change process.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice