Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

New Lebanon : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Wed Aug 5, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
Sounds like several legal issues and you may want to consult an attorney. No one here can give you legal advice.

But... you do have a legally binding contract with your listing agent. You agreed to hire him to sell your house, which he has. If you terminate, then yes, he could...theoretically... sue you for his commission. (you breached the contract, not him). You are also in a legally binding contract to sell your home to this buyer. Do you really want to let this deal fall apart over a few days or weeks and start all over again with another agent / buyer??

If you had a backup offer, that would be a different story. But sounds like that's not the case. Why shoot yourselves in the foot? Why not grant the buyer the extension he/she needs?? Not sure what you mean by 2 more weeks to be in your house...possession date should be part of the contract and not come up as an issue this late in the game. Normally when you sell a house, you move out of it within a day or two. OR agree to some sort of "rent back" situation. Did you offer to pay the buyer a pro-rated amount in rent to stay for 2 weeks?

Again....sounds like several different legal issues are going on here, and it's impossible for anyone here to give you a clear cut answer without seeing the contracts. Good luck to you.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 24, 2013
Sally Grenier answered:
Mon Mar 7, 2011
Lenderbradford answered:
As James says portions of Montgomery County are eligible. If you are looking at a home west of Diamond Mill Road the property is likely eligible for the Zero Down USDA Rural home program. The link below will provide you with additional information on the USDA Home Loans that are available to home buyers in Rural America. There is also a link to the State of Ohio's First time buyers program that does offer USDA Financing. There may also be Down Payment assistant Funds available to you. The best thing to do is to contact a lender that is familar with all of the loan programs that are available. You will find my contact information on the link. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
New Lebanon Zip Codes