Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

For Rent in New Haven County : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 20
Tue Jan 31, 2017
Providencia Silva asked:
I am a single mother of 3 and I am looking for a 2-3 bedroom apt that is $700-800. I am on Public Assistance and disabled. My son also gets SSI.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 23, 2016
Danny Williams answered:
it all depends. do u have any kids?
if so there is a good chance that section8 will pay all of it
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 1, 2016
Angelica P answered:

We’re excited you’re using Trulia for your home search process. We are a real estate search engine so we don't represent the homes found on our site. Please follow these steps to begin your home search:

1. Click the 'Buy/Rent' tab at the top of our homepage.
2. Enter your desired city and state in the search bar and hit Enter.
3. Click 'Max Price' to select what your highest price would be to pay for a home. Click 'Min Price' to set the lowest price you would pay.
4. Click 'More Filters'.
5. Select your preferred property type, square footage, etc.
6. Click the red 'Apply' button.

This will begin to pull up listings that are more tailored to what you are looking for.

If you are interested in a listing, click on the "Contact the agent" button to get in touch with a real estate professional in your area. You can also take advantage of our vast network of agents here:

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 18, 2015
DIana Rosero-Medina asked:
Lack good credit, but have strong reference from previous landlord. Help, looking for 3-4 single family home rental with garage and driveway for commercial truck.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 9, 2015
Charlise Philibert answered:
Yes, there are a lot of apartments and dwellings that accept section 8. Can I assist you in your search?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 30, 2014
Jeannette Newhart answered:
Wed Sep 17, 2014
Betty Irizarry asked:
I am almost out on the street and no family members will help me. I was living with my mother but where she is moving, she cannot have me there. (Not enough room). I am looking for a clean,…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri May 9, 2014
Eryen LaLonde answered:
Grace - I'd love to help you. Are you asking why people to won't to rent it or are you looking for a realtor to list it for you?
Eryen LaLonde
Keller Williams
860-384-4992 ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 2, 2014
Annette Lawrence answered:
And the one who inquired will be crying, "Agents won't respond to me on TRULIA!"

You need to embed in all your listings and posts, "if you are serious pick up the phone and call."
Leave the buyer with the authority to self select. That way, you don't end up chasing vapors. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 26, 2013
Dave Jones answered:
What is your price range? I have a 3 bedroom, 2.600 square feet that I am putting on the market for lease tonight.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 7, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Take a look at local listings here on Trulia:,CT/

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jun 29, 2013
Pamela asked:
I am also interested in low income housing. I am disabled & on social security. Thank you
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Malcolina Couvertier asked:
Mon Dec 10, 2012
John Poulsen answered:
Hi Emily,
I would start about 90 days depending on the area and the school you are attending. If it is a tight rental market there you may even go out to 120 days. Craigslist is good but be careful when contacting owners. Meet in public places.
Contacting a Realtor is a good choice because the Realtor will do the footwork for you and it's a safer bet. Depending on the rent it may cost slightly more though.
If you are going into the Greater New Haven Area I can help you out if needed.

John Poulsen
Carbutti and Co. Realtors
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed May 9, 2012
David Carr answered:
Since 1996 I have consistently represented Buyers or Sellers of Real Property in Greater New Haven I have successfully managed and/or marketed purchase and /or sales transactions in the following areas of specialty. Single Family, Multi Family, Investment, Land with As Builts, Market Analysis with Broker Price Opinions (98% List to Sell Ratio) Bank Owned Property Asset Manager, Short Sale Expediter

As a Full time REALTOR®, I provide people Licensed Buyer Agent Representation, enhanced by my previous experience, the Coldwell Banker organization, and my unwavering commitment to you. I work full-time to assure your success in the local real estate market.

As your Licensed Buyer Agent I will:
a) Represent your best interests at all times.
b) Keep your financial and negotiating positions confidential.
c) Help you buy the best home at the best comparable price. Your offer to purchase will be supported by my essential market value analysis.
d) Help you negotiate the home inspection and required notifications.
e) Update you on all NEW MLS properties available, regardless of seller.
f) Arrange all showings so you don't have to deal with other agents.
g) Help you complete Sales Agreements and associated documents to manage your transaction seamlessly. The terms we propose will be unique to your situation and will support your best interests.

Copyright 2012 by David Carr. All Rights reserved

You should understand the different roles real estate agents play, and whom they represent. Connecticut enacted Buyer Agency law in 1997 to support and educate purchasers of real property. This law change attracted me to the profession. There is no cost to you for me to be your Buyer Agent as my fee is paid by the seller.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice