Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Agent2Agent in New Hampshire : Real Estate Advice

  • All141
  • Local Info11
  • Home Buying86
  • Home Selling10
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 22
Fri May 12, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
That is a horrible thought, but it will depend on the contract with your company and your will. Ask your broker
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 24, 2017
Amankansal answered:
If your personal website does not generate leads, let the leads come more from Trulia etc. but use your personal website to convince visitors why you are the best person to work with. So they can see that when they visit your personal website, such as to vet you after finding you on Zillow.

See for example No listings there but a lot of material about marketing themselves.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 13, 2016
Dhinxman answered:
Hi Annette,
Are you still looking for an agent in the Lakes Region?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 13, 2015
Virginia Kazlouskas (Gregory) answered:
I think SEO is a better option personally but they are one of the first to come up on the lists, so buyers are seeing them.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 27, 2015
Tangie Stephens answered:
It's great to presell. However, then many buyers will think it is custom and you will have to deal with their desired changes for 6 months. Okay if it is custom, but problematic if not. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 18, 2014
Elizabeth Scully answered:
I treat my Turlia leads the same way I treat any other online request. I thank them for the inquiry. Ask a few general questions, then go from there. I have had very good success.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 4, 2014
Sam Shueh answered:
Yes, however your listings on only show office phone number not yours.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 27, 2014
Chuck Braxton answered:
OK, Randy:

I am registered on your website. Fill me in on the details of this assignment. I serve a lot of the rural areas of NH outside the larger urban areas.

Note: I am not sure what the desired format is for entering towns with two names: e.g. waterville valley? Should that be waterville_valley or no underscore

Chuck Braxton, REALTOR GRI
Roche Realty Group, Inc.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Kristen Viner Jones answered:
Here in the Lakes Region the estimates are completely off. Sites do not take into account waterfront. It will compare a lake house on Winnipesaukee with a residential listing in a neighborhood, approximately $800,000 difference. I truly wish they would not do comparables and leave that up to us, the professionals who are knowledgeable of their marketplace.

Good question :)

... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 24, 2013
John Souerbry answered:
I'm using WordPress with the "Delicious Magazine" theme from WooThemes, I've added IDX feeds from 3 different MLS systems with standard, map, and enhanced search functions (provided by iHomeFinder). There are more customizations available than I've had time to work with, but it's great for posting up-to-date reports and articles. Static information pages are also easy to set up. But working on the site can get addicting, there is so much that can be added.
See my site at
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Pat Rose answered:
Hello, I was the buyer agent on a BOA short sale. Under agreement 6/20 and closed 10/25, and that was with a short sale specialist working on behalf of the sellers.
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 13, 2012
Bill Barbin asked:
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Catherine Marrone answered:
Are you interested in working out of one office or splitting your time between a NH and MA office. Is your current office not licensed in MA? My office is based in Pepperell, MA and we are licensed in both states which would allow you to work out of one office. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Dec 1, 2010
Jeanne Feenick answered:
I like it, all good suggestions - name tag on and ready for a cup of coffee - but hoping the same magic will come from a trip to Duncan Donuts since I don't much like Starbucks Coffee and the last time I went there, they were just a tat bit snooty -- hate that.

So I will add to the list of marketing tools this - competence. I love competence but not so crazy about arrogance. The first will boost any marketing campaign, the later will ultimately kill it, at least if I am anywhere in the food chain.

And yes, humor.... ;-)
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
You do indeed need a license to manage any other persons property if you are an independant contractor making yoru own decisions, if you are employeed directly by teh property owner, receiv a paycheckj instead of commission and are directly supervised by the owner, you do not need a licnese. i have included the RSA below.

So if they are working for themselves, and negotiate on their own which it sounds, they ARE under the thumb of the NH RE Commission and any kickbacks would have to be disclosed all parties if they are kickbacks or are required of teh vendo to pay in order ot get the work. Pleasee NH and federal laws regarding this as i am just summarizing. The owner would have to prove the work is being done above whta typical market costs for that work is.


Generally, anyone who solicits tenants, negotiates leases or collects rents on someone else’s property and receives a fee for their services must possess a real estate license, see, RSA 331-A:2 III, and RSA 331-A:3. There is an exemption from the licensing requirement, however, for persons who lease or manage their own property and for the "regular employees" of such persons. (RSA 331-A:4).

That doesn’t mean that every person, firm, or corporation that is "hired" by the owner to lease or manage the owner’s property is exempt. It is necessary to look at the substance of the property management relationship created in each situation to properly understand whether a manager is truly an employee who fills the requirements of the exemption; or is working as an "independent contractor", who must be licensed.

As a general rule, an independent contractor is an entity that agrees to perform services for a fee according to its own methods and without subjection to the supervision and control of the other contracting party. Conversely, an employee is a person who is subject to the direct supervision and control of his/her employer as to both results and the means by which those results are achieved.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 6, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Marsha i read your other question before reading this that gives more details, with that criteria there is not any problem finding a newer home in that price range in most area's. There are several different type of rural area's here in NH. The seacoast area is desirable, there are rual towns that surrond the major population centers of Manchester and Concord that although are rual, offer more conveniences, easier acces to highways and shopping. There is the lakes region which has alot of seasonal areas in that price range and then there is the very rural, country lot, fields, farms and forrests.

i would be more than happy to work with you and your customers to finding a home that suits there needs. please feel free to call or email me.

Thank You Marsha and enjoy the rest of Labor day.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 26, 2010
Jodi Adams answered:
If they would like more than one opinion, please forward my information as well.

Jodi Adams
Century 21 Circa 72, Inc.
(603) 620-7708

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 23, 2009
Grace Hanamoto answered:
Hello Worapan and thanks for your question.

Typically, builders and developers have their own in-house staff of sales people who sell their homes. To join their teams, contact the builder directly and apply for a job. Smaller builders without a full-time staff of Realtors will often hire "selling" firms that staff the site with professional Realtors trained specifically to handle new home sales.

If you do not have any experience selling new homes--and, believe me, there are very specific rules and specialized training required to do this job correctly--you might consider joining a brokerage that specializes in selling new homes.

Hee are some things to keep in mind: 1) Realtors who staff new housing projects do NOT get nor can the command the same commissions selling new homes. On the average, a Realtor sitting on a new home project is getting only about 0.5 to 0.75 per home, and that price is split between broker and agent. Agents who work as employees of the developer, often only get an "incentive bonus" per home sale equal to a few thousand dollars in addition to their regular pay. 2) Duty - working with a developer is the same as working a "regular" job and you will be required to be on site between 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., 5 days per week. 3) Developer will expect Realtors who are "better than the average bear." In other words, the developer and the selling company can afford to hire only those who are smart, polished and knowledgeable. So long as you have fairly extensive experience in this field, good communications skills, polished manners and an excellent sales presence, this may be the job for you--otherwise, you may find entry to be very difficult.

Finally, while I realize that it can seem really "easy" to sell homes on a housing tract, new home developers are finding it just as hard now to sell homes in today's market as private individuals. As a result, rather than increasing home sales staff, developers are now pulling back a bit, and--much like other areas of real estate--the very best in the business are the only ones retaining jobs, so keep this in mind when you're looking for a job.

Work directly with the big California developers (K&B, Toll Brothers, etc) to see if they are hiring. Also speak with the larger brokerages about joining their new home sales teams or working on tract sales. You will need to learn very specific job duties for this job, so be prepared to start from the bottom for a bit.

Good luck!!

Grace Morioka, SRES, e-Pro
Area Pro Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 3, 2009
Dane Hahn answered:
Hi Warner--Sounds like you passed the Broker's exam. Good job.
I have my bond through Foy insurance in Exeter. Good luck.
Dane Hahn
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice