Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Nevada City : Real Estate Advice

  • All29
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Brian Head answered:
Mortgage Litigation is very effective if you’re dealing with the right outfit that has a commitment of servicing your file through the entire process. When you choose a law firm to work with you'll want to ask what types of results they had with your particular lender. In many cases your Loan can be restructured through pre-litigation. One thing you need to realize though is that the bank needs to feel the real threat of someone that can actually do something in the event that the bank does not want to participate. An Attorney has the ability to make the bank feel that threat is real. With all the robo-signing scandals going on and settlements will into the tens of Billions of dollars, anyone can be clear now that the banks have done whatever they can to foreclose on whoever they want. The bank doesn't necessarily have to give you a modification it’s at their own desires to do so. Your potential modification is going to be evaluated by primarily (2) things, Hardship and Affordability of a new loan. Again, if the bank feels that this is a situation they'd like to see resolved in a amicable manner then they will be more motivated to come to the table if the feel that you have representation behind you that can push the issues through Litigation if needed.
If you have any questions please give me a call directly.
Brian Head
800 529-2959
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 12, 2012
Laura Coffey answered:
I would immediately contact your lender, a local experienced short sale Realtor, & your tax accountant.
Below are some links to help you make those decisitions but just walking away from the property could be the wrong decision. I am not saying a short sale is always the best answer but in most cases it is better to do one.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 19, 2008
Ute Ferdig answered:
Hi Miley. I agree with the others. You need to get an attorney right away and fight the 3-day notice to quit. If the property went back to the bank at the trustee sale, they may be able to do something. The main thing is that you need to act quickly. Good luck to you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Nevada City Zip Codes