Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rentals in Near North Side : Real Estate Advice

  • All149
  • Local Info13
  • Home Buying46
  • Home Selling16
  • Market Conditions16

Activity 5
Thu Jun 11, 2015
Deborah Kory answered:
If you are dealing with CHA rent the condo from a friend. Many people may have refinanced twice They can no longer pay the assessments, so they sublease, to pay the assessments. Case in point,a client owned a 3 bedroom,2 bath at 247 East Chesnut. They had no mortgage. Condo paid in full. Assessments exceeded 2500 a month. The retired client and her blind son could not afford the assessments, so they rented it out until they could sell it. It was too much for the owmers, but three Northwestern Hospital interns rented it. It was cheap for them, as it only came to about 900 hundred a month each, plus electricity's. CHA paid $1500 for a cabana in a highrise, under there so called "mobility program" it was worth 10 percent of the unit on Chesnut. They tried to rent it to me,who was an attorney. I paid $400 yo move in,$400 to move out and paid for my resident I.D. card. Besides being fraud,;the pair were indicted for 6 other felonies. The owner, Diane Gotlieb was haneous, sad,malicious person and her accomplish,Bridget Magill, was p demonic pathetic phoney. Never go with the mobility program,at CHA. I have 100 more contacts and a better repoir with Chicago landlords and managers of highrises than this mobility supervisor ever had. I got subsidizwd units at 175 N. Harbor Drive, a very prestigious highrise, Presidential Towers and several others. She got a condemned slumlord building on the West Side,,Homan and Ohio. ... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 15, 2014
Bill J Deligiannis answered:
Have you found a home yet? If not, feel free to contact me.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 17, 2014
JIM Michaels answered:
email me at for information on that building
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 9, 2013
Scott Newman answered:
Try sites like Air BNB. Those are great solutions to your problem.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Maja Brajic answered:
One of the drawbacks of renting a house or an apartment, is having to live with pet restrictions.
Have the agent represent you in the search for new place. There is always way to convince the landlord to lease you the place. In addition to a contract, you should be offering to pay a damage deposit, or adding a substantial amount to an existing deposit. Your landlord may require this even if you do not offer. Offering one before he requires one just is a gesture of good faith.

If you need any help free free to contact me.

... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Search Advice