Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Naples : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info116
  • Home Buying557
  • Home Selling81
  • Market Conditions100

Activity 62
Jonathan Klu…, Real Estate Pro in Boca Raton, FL
Sat Nov 5, 2016
Jonathan Klurfeld answered:
Yes, the borrower has the right to pay the final judgment amount any time before the date of sale in full. A check will need to be paid to the Broward Clerk of Court at the courthouse who will "satisfy" the judgment and alert the bank lawyers it is paid off; and your lawyer will coordinate this and get the sale date cancelled. If you have a pending sale date consult with an attorney IMMEDIATELY.

Disclaimer: I am a Florida attorney and licensed Realtor. Information posted or made available on or through this site is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney/our firm until officially retained. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sandrajv, Home Owner in Naples, FL
Sat Apr 9, 2016
Sandrajv answered:
Yes, It is still available and is through the end of 2016.

Thank you
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Karen Peyton, Real Estate Pro in Chandler, AZ
Tue Nov 3, 2015
Karen Peyton answered:
The circumstances leading to your question are concerning. I'm sorry you find yourself in the place you are now, but the future has not been written.
Regarding the house: A late payment is not the same as a missed payment, so it sounds like you won't be able to pay for this month (November) and come December 1st will only be one month behind. You were wise to get a roommate, but kick them out if they cannot help. I trust you have no formal agreement and they will depart amicably. Replace them with someone who can pay their way and not take from you the resources you have left.
Of course you need a job. Leave no stone un-turned to make an honest living, stringing part-time jobs together as necessary. Zero income at some point will mean no food and utilities. Tell those around you of your immediate need and graciously accept what help is given. You will have your chance to pay it back, and pay it forward.
Angels exist, whether you believe or not.

In an attempt to provide "some kinda" answer to your question, here's a link to the website of a Florida attorney:

It would also be a good idea to speak with a local real estate agent to find out if your home has equity and if so, how much. They can also tell you how short sales work if you're interested.

Wishing you success!

... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Amelia Robin…, Real Estate Pro in Falls Church, VA
Tue Nov 3, 2015
Amelia Robinette answered:
Assuming you're talking about foreclosure.

Have you talked to your lender and asked for a loan modification? Have you explained your hardship and reasons for not making your payments? Most lenders would rather NOT foreclose, it's an expensive and arduous process for them.

You can sell the house, or if your underwater talk to the bank about a short sale.

You could also contact a real estate attorney about your options.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Laurie Luca, Home Buyer in Lehigh Acres, FL
Tue Nov 3, 2015
Laurie Luca answered:
The property alone is worth 140,000. It is a little more then a half of acre, only 3 miles from the beach. Lake Sugten is 2 blocks away which has a beautiful park and now they allow dogs on leashes. Google it, is pretty nice. Before I lost my job I was able to fence in the back yard with 6 ft chain link fence. It was built in 1971, original terrazzo floors, 3/2 rooms and I knocked down a couple of walls so it more like a ranch house. Address is 3610 Guilford Rd 34112 if you want to see some of the property from the front, or satellite view of course. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Rolf Anthony, Real Estate Pro in Naples, FL
Fri Aug 7, 2015
Rolf Anthony answered:
Where along 14th St. N.? We need a little more information in order to answer your question.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Janice Mayna…, Real Estate Pro in Charlotte, NC
Sun Mar 1, 2015
Janice Maynard answered:
Have you been helped? If not please feel free to give me a call and I will help anyway I can.

Janice Maynard
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Annette  Law…, Real Estate Pro in Palm Harbor, FL
Sat Dec 6, 2014
Annette Lawrence answered:
1. They can foreclose and force a sale of the property
2. They can take possession and rent the property to recover and maintain costs.
3. Most likely a lien is placed on the property that much be resolved before the title can transfer to new owner.

The SUPER LIEN power of the HOA means their claim will come FIRST.
#3 is the most convenient and cost effective path many HOAs choose. However, if attorneys are on the board, they often choose the revenue intensive options.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Palm Harbor FL
EXAMPLE: Market In A Minute & CIS Score on TRULIA
MORE about CIS Score:
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Rnmacfarlane, Home Buyer in Naples, FL
Mon May 26, 2014
Rnmacfarlane asked:
Dianne (Dede)…, Real Estate Pro in Delano, MN
Thu Oct 31, 2013
Dianne (Dede) Hanka answered:
It’s a simple process. Complete a 3 page application
No upfront application fee. Home must be worth at least $200,000
If approved:
1. You will sell your home for what you owe. Then lease it back at a monthly payment 40-60% lower than your current mortgage payment. No need to move, stay in your home.
2. After the lease period ends, you can purchase your home at 90% of the current market value with owner financing!
Leave a message at 763-276-1338
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Michael Jord…, Real Estate Pro in Naples, FL
Tue Oct 22, 2013
Michael Jordan answered:
Have you considered one of the neighboring streets? I have a couple of ideas that may work for you, depending on your budget and other requirements. Please call or email me and I will provide you with the details! ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Kevin Rathbu…, Real Estate Pro in Naples, FL
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Kevin Rathburn answered:

Transfer value refers to the amount of money for which a property is sold to a new buyer. There is tax imposed on this value called a real estate transfer tax (aka deed recordation tax). This is a tax levied on the sale or transfer of real estate from one owner to another. This tax is imposed on the seller of the property.

The tax is based on the price paid for the property by the new buyer. The local government (the county) collects this tax and it must be paid before the new deed to the property is recorded. This transfer tax is usually paid at closing and disbursed to the county by the title company. The acknowledgement of the payment is shown by stamps placed on the deed.

In Most Counties in Florida: multiply the sale price by .007)

Kind Regards, Kevin

Kevin Rathburn, Realtor
239-269-4575 Direct Line Integrity-Diligence-Innovation
... more
2 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Kathy Bogan…,  in Naples, FL
Fri Mar 29, 2013
Kathy Bogan Cannady answered:
Have no idea! Doubt is is real; probably a typing error. KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601....(3/12)
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Rich Homer, Real Estate Pro in NAPLES, FL
Fri Feb 1, 2013
Rich Homer answered:
It would be better to let us do the searching for you or use our free website, Trulia is a 3rd party website and not very accurate.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
My NC Homes…, Real Estate Pro in Chapel Hill, NC
Mon Nov 12, 2012
My NC Homes Team answered:
It starts with finding a Realtor experienced with foreclosure sales and with you understanding that rarely are foreclosures the deal you might imagine them to be.

Here's a link about foreclosures and below a link on how to find yourself a great Realtor to work with.

Best of luck to you.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
John Rodda, Real Estate Pro in Naples, FL
Thu Sep 13, 2012
John Rodda answered:
You must go to the realtor or title company to refund your deposit. Send them conformation of the deposit if will help them to find it and return it to you. They can not keep your deposit ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
David H Schu…, Real Estate Pro in Naples, FL
Sat Jul 28, 2012
David H Schulz answered:
Your buyers agent can guide you to look at properties that will suit your situation. In the case you mentioned, you understand that you must be an owner occupant. If you wish to search the MLS to see what is for sale in the area you can use our website You will find many areas and options that are available that will not involve the red tape and restrictions that a bank would impose. Whether you wish to consider restrictions, costs, fees or amenities, you really should talk to an agent that can guide you. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice