Question removed

Asked by Sheree Thomas, Sacramento County, CA Sat Dec 10, 2011

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

8
Courtney Way, Agent, West Sacramento, CA
Sat Dec 10, 2011
You're right -- there is "good" and "bad" everywhere -- just like their are always opposing opinions to where you choose to live. No matter where you decide, there will most likely always be someone who has a different opinion. Just keep focused on what your goals are -- do you want a short commute? Do you want good schools? Do you want local shopping? What do YOU consider "good" and "bad"? If you stick to your own needs and what makes you -- and not others -- happy, then you should be ok.

Just remember to do your research on factual data -- like local crime rates, school ratings, etc -- and enlist the help of an agent who can help you find a home that meets all those criteria. Watch out for flood insurance requirements and HOA's, if you do stick with Natomas.

Overall, I have had several clients who have moved to Natomas, and they really like it. The proximity to downtown and the airport, the availability of retail, and the newer homes at a fair price, are what have attracted them to the community.

There are many communities throughtout Sacramento that can also fit the bill, though. So again, right down a list of your family goals, and start there first -- if you aren't finding exactly what you are looking for, maybe then you broaden your criteria.

All my best!
Courtney Way
Web Reference:  http://www.courtneyway.com
Debbie Storey, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Mon Dec 12, 2011
Just to clarify, Doris Matsui was able to get the Natomas area "grandfathered" flood insurance rates. Other than a handful of exceptions, the rate for structure flood insurance is $355 per year. That's the same as the preferred rate that homeowners receive that are not in flood zones.
, ,
Mon Dec 12, 2011
Good advice from some very good agents!
Something else to mention: most of Natomas is in a flood zone, which means flood insurance may/will be required should you need a mortgage....

If required, the premium will be roughly $900 a yr, and this payment is factored in you debt to income ratio, which means your buying would decrease versus a home that doesn't require this insurance.....

Let me know if you have any lending related questions!

Best regards, Jeff Marr
916-947-1312
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Sun Dec 11, 2011
55 listings for sale in that zip code: 48 of them are priced under $300K

or 4 bedrooms or more, 3 or more baths, in zip code 95835 there are 55 active listings, 35 of those are active short sale listings. The remaining hundred plus listings are either pending sale, or in contract subject to short sale lender approval. Of those 55 active listings the highest priced is $669,000 the lowest price is $175,000. The median price for short sale listings is $220,000. The median price for non-short sale listings is $262,500
Kimberlan St…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Sat Dec 10, 2011
My advice is for you to drive through the neighborhood and get a feel of it. There are now many homes for Sale in Natomas and clients we have had are all happy with their homes. Let me show you some homes and then you can decide.There is good and bad in every neighborhood please check the internet for crime updates and school info. When your ready give me a call.
Kylee Roe, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Sat Dec 10, 2011
Sheree-

There are really two Natomases (lol, spelling?). South Natomas (95833), below I-80 and North Natomas(95834 and 35) is above I-80--makes sense.

There is good and bad, you are right and most have typed here, you and your family will need to be make the determination as to how great is good,and how possibly bad is bad. North Natomas boasts Inderkum High, which at one time got very high marks for education quality. On the flip side, most homes in Natomas do require flood insurance. Both are close to downtown, but South Natomas has areas where soil settling has caused structural damage to homes. North Natomas has more homes under HOA rules. South Natomas seems more affordable, North Natomas values are a bit higher--but those homes are newer.

Personally, I think there's better shopping in North Natomas!

So there's a few items you can put in your justice scales! Contact me direct if questions. If not, good luck!

And hi to Gina!! I thought you were in Downtown? Did you move to Roseville!?
Web Reference:  http://www.kyleeroe.com
Gina Borges-…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Sat Dec 10, 2011
Natomas has beautiful homes and a nice selection of inventory. My buyers just closed escrow on a short sale in Natomas and short sales are a large part of the market. Call me if you want a reference from my buyers in the area and an experienced Realtor. I know the area well and enjoy working with buyers. I look forward to talking with you soon!
Ted Greene, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Sat Dec 10, 2011
Sheree,
There are some fantastic bargains in Natomas right now. A lot of homes built in 2003-2007 - these newer homes in good shape are priced very nicely and with today's low interest rates your mortgage payment could be lower than renting. On top of that you get the tax write off and your husband saves lots of time and money by reducing his commute. As to your concern about hearing good and bad things about an area you are right that most areas have good and bad things. What I suggest is that you let me show you some homes in a couple of different areas and you can see for yourself what is out there. There is a lot of good information on the internet to help you determine what kind of an area to look in that suits your needs. It really is a very personal question that you need to find out for yourself - but also with some help from me. We handle a lot of homes in Natomas and we would be happy to help. Please call me at 916.442.4500 or go to my website below and good luck in your quest for a new HOME!