poor credit fixed income need home for 4 children is there a possible fixer out there for low deposit rent to own with fenced yard in city

Asked by Lisa Evans, Oklahoma City, OK Tue Nov 30, 2010

this is a hardship move daughter passed away unexpected need to get young children out of the city .need country envir .to give them the best change at a good life. don't think California is a good place to raise these kids willing to except rent to own in perfect area

Answers

5
Nikki A, Edw…, , Woodbridge, VA
Sun Jan 2, 2011
we are Credit Repair experts with an A rating by the BBB. We can help you out now and get you started on the right financial path. Give me a call 405-494-4984 Nikki
David Dobson, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Mon Dec 27, 2010
Simple answer is yes, but it will take some work. There are some rent to owns out there - however they are not usually listed with a Realtor. Most of them will be on Craigslist, or newsok.com. But from time to time we will find one on the MLS. I will tell you that no matter the result Oklahoma is a fine place to raise children and with our economy there is always room to grow, fix your credit, and move forward.
Good Luck, and so sorry for your loss. David.
Mario Avila, Agent, Owasso, OK
Fri Dec 24, 2010
I agree 100% with getting them out of California. We moved here several years ago from there and our kids love it here. The best advice I can give would be to post a free ad on craigslist. Go to the wanted section under real estate and list what you are looking for and what you can afford. There may be someone out there who owns a property that would be willing to help out. Best of luck.
Web Reference:  http://www.bedlamrealty.com
Russell Bens…, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Tue Nov 30, 2010
Is it possible? Yes, however it will not be easy. Most homes that are in good areas and priced really well will sell without having to do an owner carry, however there are a lot of manufactured homes out there that are really hard to sell and/or get financing on so that might be a good area to check. Most are on land and in the country. Plus they can be a lot cheaper than conventional homes but make sure you are not paying 30% interest or getting into a contract that has unfavorable terms to the buyer. Get an agent to assist you if possible. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.
Mel Morgan, , Oklahoma City, OK
Tue Nov 30, 2010
Lle19*57, I'm so sorry for your loss. The short answer to your question is yes, there's a home for every need, and if we look carefully enough and long enough, we will find one that meets yours. We can figure out how much you'd be able to pay monthly and work from there to find out what price range you'd want to focus on, and then start writing Seller Financing offers. We've done a few rent-to-own deals in the past few months, and some sellers are willing to consider it, but it's not something that they generally advertise. You'll have to ask for it in your offer, and be prepared for most of them to say "no, we need the money right now".

It's important to remember, though, that WHERE you live is, ultimately, not going to make as much difference in your kids' lives as HOW you live. Be sure that this move is the best thing for you, too, hon; kids thrive when their parents take care of themselves.

Keep in mind, too, that writing an offer on a property also means writing an Earnest Money check -- money that you deposit with the seller's Realtor to prove that you're serious about buying the house -- and that's generally $500. The Realtor doesn't deposit it until you have an agreement; it's deposited once you both sign the contract. Also, you always have the right to walk away from a property if your inspection finds that it needs more work than you can deal with. However, you still have to pay for the inspection (usually $200-300) even if you don't buy the house. (And please, please get an inspection. It's the best money you'll spend.)

I wish you the best of luck no matter what you decide. If there's anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Yours,
Mel Morgan
Paradigm AdvantEdge Realty
405-640-3957
Web Reference:  http://melmorgan.com