Moving in Collier Heights>Question Details

Vee, Other/Just Looking in Sacramento County, CA

moving from ca can you recommend a good area to live currently living in a good middle class hood

Asked by Vee, Sacramento County, CA Tue Apr 21, 2009

Answers

6
Hello Vee,

I live in the Bay Area, and am quite familiar with the Atlanta Real Estate Market, having helped several clients invest there. As you may know, the Atlanta market is HUGE, and where you decide to live depends on many factors, such as commute distance/time to work, amenities, price range, to name just a few. I have worked with several real estate agents there, after interviewing a multitude. I'd be happy to refer you to one to help you make your move.
Vee,

You would love the Alpharetta area! Most people who move to here find it appealing.

As Kathy noted if you plan on working here then commute time should be something to consider when choosing your location.

There are many great areas to choose from depending on your personal needs. I will be glad to help you sort them out when you are ready!
Vee, Where you want to live will be determined on how much time you are willing to spend communting. Once you determine your commute time, then you can start to focus on areas. Atlanta like most cities has wonderful area through out the Metro Area.

Best of luck with your new home.
Kathy Seger
I also moved to the Atlanta area from California; we have a lot to talk about! Vee, its all about commute. Truly, whether its Atlanta, the Bay area, or even Sacramento; our quality of life is often based on how much time we spend on the road. We typically talk about "inside the perimeter" vs. "outside the perimeter". You will find great communities either way. Druid Hills, Morningside, Vinings, Brookhaven-all great areas. A little further out...Dunwoody, Smyrna, Marietta, Roswell, Alpharetta, Norcross...a bit further..Cumming, Woodstock. As you move further out, you typically will get more for your money but you do trade commute time.

Would be happy to chat with you at no obligation. I work with clients relocating into Atlanta all the time and just had clients last year leave Atlanta for the Sacramento area so I am somewhat familiar with the housing market you are leaving.

Maryanne
678-520-9922
You should definitely consider moving to central North Carolina! The sunshine compares to LA and we have seasons too! Schools are good. Cost of living is moderate. Check out my website for links about the area.
Web Reference: http://www.annecain.com
I did not realize you had posted this twice, Vee. I have the same questions, however, and once again, Good Luck!