looking to move to a nice, affordable area right outside of center city philadelphia, accessable by public transportation

Asked by Marisa Austin, Philadelphia County, PA Tue Dec 6, 2011

my husband and I, and our bun in the oven, need more space for our growing family. We want to move just outside the city, but because my husband works in center city, we need to be close to a train station. We are looking to rent a 2-3 bedroom house, some outside space would be a plus, but we really just need the extra living space at the moment. We have been living in center city for 4.5 years so we would prefer to live somehwere that still have some sort of downtown, some walkability, restaurants, parks..etc.

Answers

5
Amanda Saund…, Agent, Chestnut Hill, PA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Chestnut Hill and Mt Airy are neighborhoods that quite a few of my C City Buyers are looking along with Wynnewood and Ardmore in the Main Line.

Amanda J Saunders, MBA
Prudential Fox and Roach
(215) 514-9597
Bruce Lang, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Dec 19, 2011
east falls? roxborough? university city?
Jim O'Rourke, , Philadelphia County, PA
Tue Dec 6, 2011
First take a look at the system map of the various Septa or Patco(NJ) rail stations just outside Philly. Then I would suggest a leisurely road trip during this holiday season to get a feel of the various towns near to these stations. Once you narrow a geographic area, then you can start the process of finding a home that fits your needs and budget.

If you are buying a home within the next year or two, consider registering to receive our free email newsletters published for Homebuyers in the Greater Philadelphia area. Text "SAVE" to 42828; or simply click this link: http://goo.gl/c1vJl

Once you are registered, you will automatically receive all the current information we regularly compile about home buying in and around Philadelphia; including tips, recommendations, programs and seminars that help home buyers throughout the entire process. When you are ready to begin your search for the perfect home, and in addition to providing you information on how to use the various online resources, we will even assist you in finding a great real estate agent if you ask us. An Accredited Buyer’s Representative is probably the best real estate professional you could hire, and is specifically trained and experienced to help you as the buyer find and effectively negotiate the purchase of your new home.

You will also find many fine and knowledgeable agents on this website too. Just be sure to interview your potential representative to make sure he or she is a perfect fit; you will be spending a lot of time together as your agent endeavors to help you find and purchase the property.

Hope this was helpful. Good luck, and enjoy your home buying experience!
Web Reference:  http://goo.gl/c1vJl
Sarah Goulart…, Agent, Plymouth, MA
Tue Dec 6, 2011
I am answering as a non-agent, but have you looked into Chestnut Hill?? I LOVED it there.

You could also try Ardmore or maybe Wayne if you are willing to go that far.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Dec 6, 2011
Check with local realty offices for available rentals, or work with an agent; check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.