how do I find out previous utility bills on a possible rental property?

Asked by Maryhilsabeck, 65802 Mon Sep 13, 2010

Answers

8
Sole Hunsaker, , Springfield, MO
Tue Sep 14, 2010
If you are moving to the 65802 zip code, the City Utilities has an on-line access of bills for Realtors and Landlords. We enter the address and the date span we want to get a report for and it pops instantly. Ask your landlord to supply you with the report, if he/she hasn't done that, have him login to http://www.cityutilities.net/index.htm, choose tab 'business services', then 'Landlords/Realtors'. It takes 2 minutes for him to get access. I hope this helps.
Jami Van Den…, Agent, Battlefield, MO
Mon Sep 13, 2010
Yes the previous broker was correct. Call City Utilities and ask them for the average utilities. They will usually even go over them month by month for you.
graciegmills, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Mon Jul 14, 2014
my address is 19503 Tuscola Lane katy, Tx 77449 how much electric did they pay in the summer months as mine is already very high
thanks
what is the answer please
Flag Mon Jul 14, 2014
Courtney Cha…, , Springfield, MO
Tue May 14, 2013
CU is always so helpful when trying to find out previous utility bill costs on any house you are wanting to buy or rent!
Mark Pike, Agent, Springfield, MO
Tue Sep 14, 2010
Go to the utility company web site and see if it lets you look up the bill. Or just call their customer relations department. Being a full service realtor I have an agreement with my local city utilities that allows me to access their utility history. I'm able to advise my clients on the previous tenants utility bill. Most of my commercial clients have to have this information for their business plan!
Michelle, Renter, Alabama
Tue Sep 14, 2010
# If you will be paying an electric bill, ask the electric company for billing on your unit for the past 12 months. The company must tell you. The same rule applies to natural gas pipeline utilities.

# Ask to see the landlord's "Energy Efficiency Disclosure Statement." He is required to post it in the building and to have you read and sign it before you rent. Get a copy of the form and more information about this law.

# Be sure that all utilities and appliances are working right. Make sure the landlord agrees to fix appliances, furnace and all other building systems.
Tim Tilbury, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Sep 14, 2010
Maryhilsabeck

If you are renting from a landlord, ask them for potential copies of previous bills. Some landlords actually have decent relationships with tenants or may keep the utilities in their name and have the deposit cover the previous month's utility payment. Sounds complicated, but there are some situations like this.

Best of luck!
Desari Jabbar, Agent, Stone Mountain, GA
Mon Sep 13, 2010
It's possible that you can call the utility company and ask them to provide you with this information. Tell them you'd like to find out what the highest bill was of the previous tenant.

Best of luck to you!
Web Reference:  http://www.DesariJabbar.com