best place in Charlotte for Flight Attendants?

Asked by asisson23, Charlotte, NC Tue Mar 5, 2013

We are 4 female Flight Attendants looking for a 4bd apartment or house. Safe area a must, preferably close to shopping, parks etc. and of course relatively close to the airport.

Answers

8
LH Properties’ answer
LH Properties, , Easley, SC
Thu Mar 7, 2013
There is a community right off Freedom Drive, Pinebrook Dr and Toddvile Road. It's a hidden gem. The city is widening the roads and putting in sidewalks. The homes are all brick and have at least a half acre. The neighbors are friendly and take pride in their yards. A lot of older folks there so very quiet. The airport is just up Billy Graham and it would take you less than 15 minutes to get to work. Being centrally located, you also would be close to South End on South Blvd, Uptown is less than 20 minutes away, also I-485, 77,277,85 are just up the road. Just an idea if you wanted to think outside of the box and live in a quiet area. The rents range from about $850 to 875. If any questions about any area, please call the police department and let them tell you.
Tracy Clay, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Hello asisson23,

Welcome to Charlotte. I am a former USAirways Flight Attendant (17yrs) I'm going to guess that you all are on reserve and you'll need to be within an hour of being called to get to the airport. I know that drill well! :( I live in the Southpark area. It took me 23 min. from my driveway to the employee parking lot. Timed it exactly for those early morning OPR duties. Southpark has a lot of shopping, good restaurants, and some nightlife. You'll find more nightlife towards uptown.

I would suggest looking in the Southpark area, and on the southwest side of town, Steele Creek area. You can take Hwy 160 and the back roads to the airport. Ballantyne is a great area, though it will take a bit longer to get to the airport, especially in traffic. something to consider since you can't always "plan" when you are called to the airport. Lake Norman has always been a location that pilots and F/A have lived. Great parties on the lake in the summer! Reasonable driving time to the airport.

Best of luck with your search. You'll enjoy Charlotte!

Tracy Clay
Wilkinson & Associates
704-968-0579
tracyclayhomes@gmail.com
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Hello! You may enjoy living around South Charlotte - Southend, Dilworth, Myers Park, etc. Not too far from airport (15 mins or so).

Let me know if you'd like help finding a place around those spots!

John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com
Texasgirlnc, , Charlotte, NC
Sat Mar 9, 2013
Madison Park is a perfect area just 15 minutes from the airport. It is a great safe neighborhood close to shopping, dining, nightlife on Montford Drive and South Park Mall. Park Road Shopping Center has absolutely everything you need and is right across Woodlawn Road.
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Good morning, Asisson:
Having worked with airline personnel, where you go depends on how close you want to be to the airport and what type of nightlife, entertainment, etc that you want. Uptown and the University area among the more active areas Birkdale (Huntersville), Ballantyne, Southwest Charlotte, East Charlotte less so, and Belmont, Lake Wylie, Concord among the quieter. There are also many suburban locations that within a 30 minute drive of uptown. I would recommend a place with a garage or secured parking. Where you ultimately invest will depend on your monthly budget, credit profiles, amount of down payment and if you are buying instead of renting, how the property is titled. If you buy, I would recommend you focus on newer properties so that the maintenance is lower. You will also need to carefully consider how you hold title to the property and what to do in the event one of you decides they want to sell. There are many options. If you are buying, here are some examples of homes under $200,000 that might work. http://goo.gl/wzzHm and have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Allyson Ward, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Mar 6, 2013
I know a lot of US Air employees live near Lake Wylie too because they can take the back roads to work and never have to really get on the highway. There's Berewick back there that is going to be close to the new Tander Outlet Mall some day. Lots going on in that area so you wouldn't be feeling like you were out in the middle of nowhere and there's tons of restaurants and Harris Teeter nearby for grocery store. I don't know what your budget is so it's hard to recommend a specific community to be honest. I'm presuming you want to rent? Look up Steele Creek area or Lake Wylie... and check charlotte.craigslist.org too but be particular about what you respond to in there. That's one of the places most big property mgmt companies post their properties.
John Touchbe…, , Cornelius, NC
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Lake Norman is where alot of flight attendants & pilots live it will take you about 25 to 30 minunets. Check into Birkdale Village it will take you about 20 minutes (next to Lake Norman) I live on Lake Norman and my next door neighboor is a flight attendant and I have a number of pilots and attendent up the street. Its a lot more fun living around the lake and safe.
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Mar 6, 2013
asisson,,

Depending on your budget and how much of a commute you are looking for to the airport, I would say the southpark area is a good choice or south Charlotte. Even parts of uptown Charlotte(which is our version of downtown) have the amenites and thigns you are looking for.

I personally live in the southeastern end of Charlotte and have driven to the airport and from the airport six to eight times a year and it takes me on average about 20-30 minutes door to door to get there from my home. The locations I gave you are probably n the 10 to 20 minute commute time.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
http://www.davedicecco.com