Wilmington area on my list to relocate from PA. I'm a small town girl but want the amenities bigger towns

Asked by Shanni, Pennsylvania Wed Jul 15, 2009

have to offer. What's a quaint town close to the Wilmington area?

Answers

7
Alexis, Renter,
Sun Nov 2, 2014
I would suggest Ogden or Leland.
Margaret Ram…, Agent, Hayes, VA
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Shanni,

Have you considered any of the areas around Charlottesville, VA? I work mainly in the county of Greene, but I do cover all of the surrounding counties. Charlottesville has a big town feel to it when you consider the music, cultural and sporting events, restuarants, etc. Its central location, 1 1/2 to DC, 2 1/2 to VA Beach, 30 minutes to the Blue Ridge Parkway is also key to the environment you find here. I would love to share more info with you about the area and the housing market here. Give me a call at 434-953-7057 if you are interested.
Erin Gora, , Wilmington, NC
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Hi Shanni.

Wilmington does have a small town feel, while offering many of the amenities that bigger cities offer. I have helped several people explore and relocate to this area, and would be happy to help you as well. I can give you a "quality of life" tour of the area to show you what our comunity is like. I can show you area attractions, resources and homes. There are also several outlying areas that are very close to Wilmington and retain that rural feel that I can show you. Castle Hayne and Leland are both good examples of that.

If you would like to hear more or set up a time to take a drive around town with me, you can contact me at (910) 231-4540 or email me at ering917@yahoo.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Erin Gora
Robin DiSaba…, , Sarasota, FL
Wed Jul 15, 2009
There are several Wilmington's... Are you referring to Wilmington, Delaware, which is adjacent to Pennsylvania?
I was born and raised there and moved to Sarasota, Florida in 2004..
If you are looking for an experienced agent in Wilmington, I can recommend a few to you.
Robin DiSabatino
Michael Saunders & Company

941-685-5368 Cellular
robindisabatino@michaelsaunders.com
http://www.FineHomesOfSarasota.com
Janet Cronem…, , Wilmington, NC
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Shanni,
i'm from a small town as well, and loved Wilmington when i moved here. It has a small town feel, but with all the great things of a bigger city. to have cheaper taxes but access to all Wilmington has to offer, you can look at Leland, castle hayne and Hampstead, if you like more rural these are all less than 15 mins of the wilmington city limit. just like all the other agents, I'd be glad to help you as well! 910-297-3835. good luck and hope you pick our area for relocation!
Janet Cronemiller/ Broker
Century 21 Sweyer
El Brant, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Southport may also be to your liking, it lies on the coast whereas Burgaw is inland. Depending on where you are in PA, the city of Wilmington could suite your needs just as well. I moved here 30 years ago from Mt. Lebanon (just outside of Pittsburgh) and I love it! Be glad to help with comparisons. ~el
Shannon Lee, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Shanni,
You should consider researching the town of Burgaw,NC. It is still close to all the ammenities of Wilmington but it has that small town feel. Your money goes a lot farther in Burgaw as well. Hope this helps. If you need any more info please feel free to contact me at 910-512-5399 or email me directly at shannonlee@seacoastrealty.com
Shannon Lee,Broker/REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Realty