Who would I contact if I knew a tenant was going to skip out of paying their last months rent?

Asked by Huskers1, Austin, TX Tue Jun 21, 2011

Answers

7
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
If I knew about someone skipping out I would contact the owner or their Realtor. Put yourself in the owner/Landlords shoes, wouldnt you want to know this information. Good luck!
Betina

Austin Home Girls Realty
Chris & The…, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Jun 11, 2012
The landlord, or Realtor, they will take care of it! I know of tenant who skipped out on their rent last year, then, the home they thought they were moving to, fell through, they ended up staying and not paying, did get evicted and lost in court!
Cheryl Fowlk…, , Austin, TX
Wed Mar 28, 2012
If you know the homeowner I would let them know. If you don't and there is a real estate agent or a property management company that manages the property you could give them the facts and let them check it out. The way I think about this is "if this was your investment property - would you want someone to let you know?"

Cheryl Fowlkes
Yvette, Home Buyer, Saint Louis, MO
Tue Jun 21, 2011
Huskers1,
First of all who are you in connection to the renter and landlord? How are you privy to this information? Are you going by hear say? Why would you want to involve yourself in someone else's life or issues? What if the renter had a change of heart and decided to stay? Then you have a renter who home situation is in jepardy because of your hear say information. I agree with Nonrealtor. This really isn't any of your business! This is a matter between the tenant and landlord not a third party.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Jun 21, 2011
You need to contact the property owner

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Tue Jun 21, 2011
The landlord.

NonRealtor, , 23456
Tue Jun 21, 2011
Hi Huskers1,
1 800 NOT YOUR PROBLEM