Which area of Jax is the best for a 31 y/o prof. couple looking to first rent right on the beach, nice interiors, best gym & dining close by

Asked by Peachtree, Jacksonville, FL Wed Dec 28, 2011

$1500max? Young Professional couple coming from Buckhead and Dunwoody areas of Atlanta. We'd love to rent a house, townhouse or condo on the beach or the river (only if its with a skyline view). We like new interiors, large bathrooms & kitchen (at least two bedrooms). We need a great gym and a nice grocery store within two miles if possible. We will be purchasing a home next year about $250K. Thanks!

Answers

4
Tanya Watson, , Jacksonville, FL
Wed Dec 28, 2011
Unfortunately, you won't be able to get right on the beach for $1500. Oceanfront condos are going for a minimum of $3,000/month. You could potentially get within walking distance but more realistically biking distance to the beach. There's also the option of a nice community close to the beach that has a fabulous pool, club, fitness center and more.

There are some condos on the Riverfront downtown that start at $1500. These are 2/2's. One potential problem with downtown is you will not have the nice grocery store close.

There is also a condo community 5 min from the beach that is on a canal off the Intracoastal waterway. You can rent in there for $1200 - $1500. Some of the units face the water but you would also have a boat slip if you wanted to buy some jet skis or a boat!! This area has a grocery store, Walmart, Target & all kinds of shopping within minutes and it's still close to the beach (I used to live in the community too so I know it well!)

Please free to contact me if you would like more any information on any of these options!
Bryan Gates, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Wed Dec 28, 2011
I recommend the Ponte Vedra or Atlantic Beach area.. I don't think there will be anything in the Jax or Neptune Beach area that you will like. As far as a skyline view, you would have to look at Avondale, Riverside or Ortega. Unfortunately, your price point will not currently get you a downtown view. If you don't mind the city, you might look at The Strand, The Peninsula or The San Marco on the downtown south bank. I can send you links to diffent listings if you are interested. You can email me at bryangates@watsonrealtycorp.com or call or text my cell 904 465-5846.

I hope this is helpful.
Dennelle Hic…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Wed Dec 28, 2011
Wow!! You have thought this out haven't you. I am glad to show you some of what Jacksonville has to offer. Please feel free to go to my website http://www.liveinjacksonville.listingbook.com and register. Here you can preview properties available based on the criteria you described. Call me and we can set up a time to tour our beaches, as well as properties on the downtown river front.

You are going to love it here!
Wally Sears, , Jacksonville, FL
Wed Dec 28, 2011
I would check out ocean front condos at the beach. Might be able to find one for rent in that price range. .. Or some cool condos at Marinas around JAX view would be boats. .. Riverside & Avondale is cool too...our version of Virgina Highlands / Midtown.