Relocating to Charlotte - work is in the airport area (Douglas Iternational) Looking to rent before buying any suggestions? Schools are extremely impt

Asked by Change12, Fort Mill, SC Mon Jan 16, 2012

We are open to both NC & NC as long as commute to Charlotte Douglas Airport is within 45 minutes. Not opposed to a great area and utilizing private schools. Must be a great family place... I was thinking Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Belmont, etc... any information is appreciated. We dont have a realtor yet and will be contacting one in the next day or two. Oh we also like the "Andy & Mayberry town type"
Thanks!

Answers

4
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Jan 17, 2012
Change,

moving to the Charlotte area and wanting to be within a 45 minute ride of the airport does open some possibilities for you.

A website to visit to check on schools would be http://www.greatschools.org. this has independent reviews of the schools from parents adn how they are rated.

Looking for that "mayberry" town feeling with good schools you are going to have to venture outside of Charlotte. Other areas to consider would be Mount Holly, Huntersville as well as toward Waxhaw, Weddington and Inidian land area of South Carolina. Or you can go outside of the west side of charlotte and head toward Matthews, indian Trail, Wesley Chapel area which will give you that look and feel of small town with great schools. There are a lot of choices all within a 45 minute ride to the airport....

A lot will also depend on what you are budgeting for a home and what you are looking for in a home. I recommend you get in touch with a Realtor and go over your needs and wants and then start looking at places in those areas....

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
ddicecco@cbunited.com
704-519-7895
Web Reference:  http://www.davedicecco.com
Jan Teel, Agent, Matthews, NC
Mon Jan 16, 2012
Welcome to the Carolinas! My husband and I relocated here 27 years ago and have raised our family here. We love it and are so thankful that God led us to this region.

The best schools in the area with regard to performance are typically in the outlying areas and not the Charlotte
metropolitan region (although there are a few exceptions). North of Charlotte there are two communities that have a very quaint and
Robin Faison, Agent, Kannapolis, NC
Mon Jan 16, 2012
Hello Change12,

I think that Indian Land, SC or Fort Mill, NC or Weddington, NC are great areas to make your home in a "Mayberry" setting. Belmont, NC has a great small town feel but I don't hear people rave about the schools. You could also look in Stanley or Denver, NC because the commute from Hwy 16 to the airport is easily with in 45 minutes. I like Lincoln county because of the relaxed feel of the area, fresh air, and affordability. Parents in the school system for Denver say that it is desirable. Love to help you find your new place.

Robin Faison, broker
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Jan 16, 2012
Hey Change12!

Welcome to Charlotte! I would love to help in assisting with your move. If you are are looking for the "Andy and Mayberry" town type, Belmont, Mount Holly and Mountain Island lake are all very good areas for you. I also strongly suggest Waxhaw and Weddington, very nice areas that are on the outskirts of southern Charlotte in Union County. The schools in Union County are also some of the best in the state, and are always highly recommended.

Please feel free to contact me directly anytime with specific questions about areas or homes.

John Siddons
704-458-1843
John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com