Moving in Dallas>Question Details

Jennifer, Home Buyer in 11429

My husband and I are looking to relocate. We were considering Goergia, but heard some really great things

Asked by Jennifer, 11429 Sun Jul 26, 2009

about Texas (Dallas). We plan on making a visit within a month to Texas to see if this could be an option. From reading several articles Texas seems to have a pretty stable economy, great job market and great qaulity of life. Please give some thoughts on Georgia vs. Texas. Thank you.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Dallas

Well, I'm going to bat for Georgia. I was born in Dallas, Texas and lived in Texas for most of my life. Being a Native Texan....I will always love it! But, having been in Georgia (Marietta, which is a northern suburb of Atlanta) for over 8 years, I have to say that it's nice getting to enjoy all 4 seasons. We too have pro football, baseball, hockey and all the of the sports that Texas offers. We have a huge Art society. Also, we have some of the best medical facilities in the country. People come here from all over just to be near our doctors and hospitals.

We have CNN, Coca-Cola World Headquarters, The Weather Channel, and many many other Fortune 500 companies. The job rate is about the same across the board nationwide. The crime rate is "not so great" in the city...but the suburbs are perfectly safe. I'm sure the same can be said about any major city!

I would say the only "downside" to Atlanta is the traffic...but you do get used to it and plan accordingly!

I live in East Cobb (a part of Marietta) and we have the top rated schools in the country. Our schools offer a public education on a private education level. The schools have been recognized not only on an academic level but in sports, bands, chorus and more!

If you are interested further in finding out more about the beautiful state of Georgia...please feel free to call me anytime.

Not sure how to compare Georgia to Texas ...or even different parts of Texas to each other. Texas is a huge place with lots of different areas. For some thoughts you might look at regarding the DFW area. I've lived lots of different places. The primary difference to me in Texas vs many other places is low cost of, friendliness of people, stability.
Web Reference:
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX

I'm not sure about Georgia, but Texas is doing much better than other parts of the country. According to a recent report by Forbes & MSNBC, Dallas ranks as one of the top ten cities in the US to recover first:…

You'll also find tons of reading materials about Dallas and Texas in links on my web site to the various local news sources:

There's also a great deal of community info there for help in relocating. If you're interested in Real Estate News, there's a section on that too:

I hope those links help. Best wishes to you and your husband on your journey. BTW: You'll also find many other folks from NY here in North Texas. Be sure to let us know when you're ready to shop for a home or condo. The market is showing a lot of activity lately.

I may be a little prejudice, being born and raised in Dallas, but this is a great city both economically and quality of life. We are a friendly city with much to offer from recreation to the arts, there is a niche for everyone. The other good point is that we are close to an international airport and can be almost any where in the country within 3-4 hours. Don’t be asking me for beach front or mountain views!

My website is loaded with useful information about the Dallas area and I offer a Relocation Guide that provides even more information. It would be my pleasure to share that with you. You will find a sample of it on my website under Relocationn.

Visiting our fair city is the best choice and you will see for yourself what we have to offer.Let me know how I can best assist you in your decision.

Mary Beth Harrison
The Harrison Group
214-365-6500 office
1-866-433-5678 toll free
Web Reference:
Texas is a great area, I grew up in the South ... Tennessee

Dallas Texas many have corporate headquarters due to central location here in States approx. 3 hour flight to any coast line.

We have national football, baseball, basketball, hockey

World class musuems

Dallas is changing quite of bit over next years to come "up our world class level "

We are host city for many international events

Schools or Private are top rated vs other in country

You affordable lifestyle

2007 Texas #1 in bound State of moves

Dallas and Ft. Worth top rated for stable job markets

I am a Dallas realtor and loan officer “one stop shop for all your real estate services”

Direct link for Dallas real estate

Lynn A. Crosby ~ National Featured Realtor
Follow me on Twitter:
"...Specializing in Residential, Commercial Properties and Loans..."
Dallas Realtor, and Credit Repair Consultant -
The Michael Group - "Dallas Business Journal 07’ & 08' list top realtors"
Dallas Loan Officer -
Dallas Real Estate Website: 60,000 listings Dallas homes for sale
Hi Jennifer,

We have a program that compares city to city in all categories. If you will email me the city in Georgia that you are trying to compare Dallas to, I will be happy to email you a comparison package. My email address is

I look forward to hearing from you.

Amy Downs, Realtor
Web Reference: