Military move to Tallahassee

Asked by Kitten, Little Rock, AR Mon Mar 31, 2008

My husband and I will be relocating to Florida in the next 6 months. He will be stationed at 2910 Roberts Ave. We need all the info available on the surrounding area, homes available, and areas to avoid! He does not want a long commute to work but we don't want to live in a bad neighborhood either! Please help!

Answers

6
Cindy, Home Seller, Tallahassee, FL
Wed May 14, 2008

I have a 5 BD & 3 bath house in north tallahassee, FL for sale for $500,000. It is a very safe area, close to shopping centers. Let me know if you are interested.

Cindy
Joe Manausa,…, Agent, Tallahassee, FL
Thu Apr 24, 2008
Hey Kitten:

I am ex-Army myself and I was curious if you plan on using the USAA relocation benefits package? It can save you alot of money.
Web Reference:  http://www.manausa.com/blog
Kenneth Fach, , Tallahassee, FL
Thu Apr 3, 2008
Tallahassee has many interesing neighborhoods, some with traditional ranch style homes, others with contemporary eclectic, cape cods, colonials, or traditionals. I can tell you the typical price ranges and architectural types in the various neighborhoods, and zones in Leon County, including Tallahassee.
Kenneth Fach, REALTOR cell 850-339-5753
Weichert, REALTORS-Anchor
1607 Village Square Blvd, Suite B103
Tallahassee, FL 32309

Each office is independently owned and operated.
Joanna Schmi…, , Tallahassee, FL
Mon Mar 31, 2008
Hi Kitten,
Fortunately, Tallahassee is large enough to be interesting but small enough to drive from end-to-end in 30 minutes (maybe just a bit longer during rush hour), so depending on your husband's tolernace level, you can probably choose anywhere to live in this city!
Mary Adkison, , Tallahassee, FL
Mon Mar 31, 2008
Kitten,

I think you will enjoy Tallahassee. I, too, moved to Florida in 1983 due to a military transfer (Air Force) so I understand your dilemma. Of course, back then, we didn't have the internet so we had to wait until we landed to begin hunting for a home and had to stay in temporary quarters until we found one. Please feel free to drop me an e-mail at MaryAdkison@kw.com and tell me what you are wanting in a home and I'll be happy to help. You can preview many current homes for sale on my web page listed below to get an idea of prices and locations. The area your husband will be working in is considered the Southwest but it does border the Northwest area which has many homes to choose from and an easy commute to the Reserve Center. Let me know your price range. Also, I can give you a referral to a Keller Williams agent in Little Rock to help you sell your home there. Call me at 850-491-2721 if you have any immediate questions. I look forward to helping you move!!

Mary Adkison
Keller Wiliiams Realty
Sally Hamby, , Atlanta, GA
Mon Mar 31, 2008
If you need financing call me.

Sally Hamby Sunshine Mortgage 678 644 7696