Looking for an 1BR or Studio Apartment in Inwood MAX PRICE 1100/mo.

Asked by Cherbi161, New York, NY Thu Jul 7, 2011

I would like to move in by September 1st at the latest. When is the best time to start looking for an apartment?

Thanks!

Answers

9
Nicholas, Renter, New York, NY
Wed Jul 18, 2012
Try contacting John Chang at AON Homes. He's helping me find an apartment right now and he's great!

His info:

John Chang
Aon Homes
212-518-3030
John Peitler, Agent, NY,
Tue Jul 17, 2012
I have nice 1 bedrooms in Inwood. Please call me as soon as you can. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Thank you and good luck.
Amy Rea, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Dear Cherbi161,

If the apartment is available now or in the next week, this would be a great time to find it and lock it in, then go on vacation. July and August are difficult months because of vacations.

I have a one bedroom that is furnished on the market for $1600, prewar, with tree views of the hill up on Bennett AbAvenue.

Right around the corner there is a studio with a gym in a brand new building (it isn't even finished completely yet - there will be a garage, there is an elevator)... the price is $1490.

In Inwood you can get $1100 or $1200 / month for a studio.

Let me know your thoughts...

Truly yours,
Amy Rea
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Consider working with an agent of your own; also check out http://www.mlsli.com for available area rentals; you can start searching whenever you like...
Bruno Ruiz-C…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Definitely, 2/3 weeks before that date. When you find the apartment it takes almost a week to process all the paper work, plus another week to look for the apartment and check 3 or 4 different units.

Please take some time and check my listings. I am sure you will find something interesting;

http://www.waprealtygroup.com/listings.php?agent=12

As you see, almost a 90% of my listings are in Inwood / Wash Heights.

Bruno Ruiz
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Inwood, my old neighborhood, what a great place, look on here there are a bunch of reasonably priced rents in the Inwood and Washington Hts area
Sean Christie, Agent, NEW YORK, NY
Fri Jul 8, 2011
You be able to find that $1100. Nice studio! Call me if you don't 6468086016
Sean C

http://Www.christiepropertygroup.com
Bruno Ruiz-C…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Fri Jul 8, 2011

I have a couple of units available in Washington Heights/Inwood for that price. All of them close to A train.

If you are interested here is my email: bruno@waprealtygroup.com

Bruno Ruiz
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Thu Jul 7, 2011
Did you mean on the island of Manhattan? A tall order indeed. Hopefully another Trulia member can be of help. You may find your price point difficult to maintain. Don't forget the broker fee which you'll pay. If you want a no fee...good luck.

The best time to look would be 30 days before of your move. rentals are very cyclical. As one comes off the market another may appear. No sense in looking now especially if you can't make your move. Whatever is out there will be your only choice. Remember, if you are a month to month tenant, you are under no legal obligation to inform your landlord but you will need to be out on the last day of the month. I wish you all the best.